CHAPTER 5: FRESH START DORIS PILSBURY!

Dear abs. Last night was something, huh? I'm just left wondering was that why you invited me to your place? Either way, I'm starving just going to get some bagels or something. Got a splitting headache. By the way, that champagne sucks gotta show you the good stuff.

Yours

C. Nate

A rush flew through Abigail. What had she done the previous night? Was it a good idea? She had to get back to work, she thought. She got up out of bed and headed for the shower swaying in the process. Abigail climbed into the shower as the water pressed hard against her back, relaxing her. As her mind began to clear an image of Carl had popped into her brain. Does he feel the same way? She thought.

Abigail climbed out of the shower and walked over to her cabinet; she picked out a fresh uniform and got dressed in haste. She grabbed her keys and jumped in her patrol car and drove to the station. At the station, the commissioner pellet was growing impatient. This whole situation was escalating. Jordan was slowing recovering in hospital and their main suspect's graves Pickett and sally moonstone were now deceased.

He paced around his office, wondering which steps to take to ensure his detectives could continue to pursue this murderer.

Carl waited in line for a bagel. He was feeling incredibly refreshed for once in a very long time, was it perhaps the events of last night? He chose his blueberry bagel with a flat white and took it over to the table to have a rest. He sipped his coffee loudly and picked up the newspaper on the side bench.

He flipped the pages and noticed a new headline.

Doughnut shop keeper found dead on Lily ave. He read through the article... sally moonstone famous for sally's fresh doughnuts was found dead with knife wounds to the abdomen. She had previously been awarded the baked goods award for the best doughnuts in Newport. Police are investigating new leads and might be a possible connection they believe to the latest terror plaguing the town the boulevard murderer.

Carl threw the rubbish in the trash and lowered the newspaper. Of course, it's a connection to this guy. His style of killing was blatantly obvious. Knife wounds to the abdomen. He walked out the door and drove to the police station. Pellet asked them both into his office and sat them down. "ok you two, what the update on this bastard?" he asked. "well chief said Abigail. "we only have the lead that this guy kills those we interrogate he's good at cutting loose ends and covering tracks". Commissioner pellet grew silent. Finally, he spoke up. "do you guys know if Jordan had seen the murderer before he got shot?" he said. Carl immediately froze, none of them realized Jordan was the only one who possibly knew. Carl and Abigail both returned to their desks to look for possible leads in the case.

They labelled all the women that had been killed and compared them to find a potential difference in the killings.

They came across one that had them both stumped. One old librarian. Doris Pillsbury, a 78-year-old librarian for Newport city library. She had been the librarian there for over 30 years and was found dead with knife wounds to the abdomen and a note left at the scene of the crime.

They unzipped the small bag with the letter still inside. It read...Poor Doris Pillsbury... knew nothing yet knew everything. Got to admit even for me this was a tough cookie to kill such a sweet old lady. But as they say, snitches get stitches or in this case, not enough stitches... Boulevard murderer "But why would he kill an old librarian as he said she knew nothing, "said Abigail. "maybe she knew who he was abs and was gonna expose him" explained Nate.

"Something tells me we should research more about this Doris Pillsbury" Abigail exclaimed. They both headed down to Newport city library and reached the front desk. "welcome to Newport city library would you like to make yourself a membership card?" said a young woman behind the counter. She wore a plaid shirt and short jean shorts, tall and slender and rather gorgeous. Nate stepped up and said, "we're just here to enquire about a previous worker a miss Doris Pillsbury"...