Day 48-Two Unexpected Visitors

I woke up and saw the sunlight dance across my floor. A smile spread across my face as I got up feeling well rested. I looked at my phone for the time. It said 9:00am. I went through my dresser drawers and found the paint splattered pants. I picked a sweat shirt that had a fox on the shirt and headed towards the bathroom. I closed the door and took a shower.

Once I was finished with the shower, I went downstairs and into the living room. I saw Mark playing with his toys and dad was cleaning. Why is he cleaning? I wondered as he waved at me then went back to cleaning. I turned around and went into the kitchen since I was hungry. I reached the kitchen and noticed that it was clean as well. I got a bowl down from the cabinet and I got 'Frosted Flakes' cereal and milk and a spoon. I poured myself some cereal and started eating.

While I was eating, I heard something shatter in the living room which was followed by dad yelling at Mark and Mark crying. I got up and went into the living room. Dad was picking up the broken pieces to whatever broke and muttering to himself. Then Mark ran to me and I picked him up. He buried his head in my shoulder and continued crying. Dad walked past me without a word.

I followed him to the den and I set Mark down in a chair just as the door bell rang. Dad muttered, "finally" and went to answer the door. He did and two people who looked to be in their early fifties or so walked in. The lady smiled at me and the guy looked at dad. Dad led them into the den and said,

"Mom, dad, this is Elaine," he stopped and looked at me,"Elaine these are my parents. Or-"

I cut him off by saying, "my grandparents."

-----
A/N: sorry this chapter was short. So I want y'all's honest opinion when I ask this:

How do you guys like the book so far?

Is it good? Bad? Anyways. Please considered giving this a comment on what you think and a vote if you liked this chapter.