Summer!

Picture of Ellington Above

Ratliff's (Ellington) POV

"Alright, alright, I'm coming relax" I moaned into my phone, hanging up, after being woken up by it continously ringing in my ear.

Riker called me for an early band meeting I guess which Is weird because we don't usually have them this early.

Riker is one of my best friends. You might be thinking "One?" Well I'm best friends with all of the Lynch's: Riker, Rydel, Rocky, Ross, and Baby Lynch aka Ryland.

We all met at The Rage dance studio in 2009 and instantly clicked. After a few months they decided to start a band called R5 but they needed a drummer, so I, of course, volunteered I guess you'd say. We became quite big too.

But you might be wondering who I am.

Well I'm Ellington Ratliff but everyone calls me Ratliff. I'm 21 and, of course, the drummer of R5.

Anyways, I hopped out of my bed and picked out an outfit so I can take a shower. After I did I combed my hair and put on my clothes: A grey T-shirt with a cat on it, a vest sweater thing, blue jeans, and regular converse (picture above). Then I put on my R5 guitar pick necklace and my green friendship bracelet I made with Rydel last year. Hers is the same except pink, her favorite color.

I went downstairs and saw my mom cooking blueberry pancakes on the stove.

"Hey mom!" I said hugging her from behind and kissed her cheek.

"Hey, where are yah going?" She asked as she saw how I was all dressed and showered so early, it's about 8.

"Riker called me this morning and said were having an early band meeting for some reason" I told her clearly confused as to why we have to have it so early.

"Okay well have some breakfast first" She replied before handing me a green plate of 4 blueberry pancakes, 2 sausages, and 3 strip of bacon. Yummm.

I quickly ate my breakfast before washing my plate and going back upstairs. I went into my bathroom and brushed my teeth, put on deodorant, sprayed on colone, and grabbed my phone and wallet before going back down and heading out the door.

I was at the Lynch's door in a about 3 minutes since I only live 2 blocks away.

"WHAT UP LYNCHS!" I yelled bursting through the front door without knocking.

"WHAT UP RATLIFF!" Rocky mimicked me in the same tone as the others just shook thier heads and laughed.

"Okay so what's the band meeting about and why is it so god damn early" I complained for the last time.

"Well 1) I'm not sure and 2) I'm not sure" Delly said next to me trying to be serious before having a giggle fit. That girl is NEVER serious.

"Thanks for the high amount of information" I said with sarcasm dripping from my moulth.

"Anytime Bud" She punched my shoulder.

"Alright band meeting starts now!" Mark said making us stop our giggle fit and turn serious. Or whatever we do because were never ever serious.

"You guys have worked so hard the past year so me, your mom, and Riker decided that you guys should have the summer off. Meaning no gigs, interviews, or photo shoots for three months!" Mark said excitedly which made us all get excited and pumped for the upcoming months.

"And," Riker continued which made us all stop and listen,"Do you guys remember Summer?" He asked more directly towards his siblings.

Duh of course we remember Summer.

"Our best friend from Colorado?" Ross asked from my other side.

Ohhhhhhh.

"Yup, well I texted her about our break and guess what?" He continued making us all intrigued.

"What?!" We all yelled at the same time aside from Mark and Stormie, thier parents.

"She's coming to California and staying with us for the whole summer!" Stormie finished as everyone jumped up and started dancing around, even me. I don't know her or anything but I am excited to meet thier best friend from Colorado, if that makes any sense.

It's going to be a good summer!

Yay! First chapter! I'm actually really excited for this book! I hope you all liked the chapter! But just to point out now, since I have so many stories going on right now updates MIGHT be a little bit slow:( but other than that I think this story will turn out great! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

-neverforgetr5