Summer's Arrival

Ratliff's POV

"BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!"  The alarm from my phone blared above me.  I groaned and snatched my phone off of the top of the couch I slept on last night.  The Lynch's friend from Colorado, Summer, was arriving today.  Call me weird but I want to meet her and get to know her right away. I'm the Lynch's best friend so I definitely want to meet thier childhood best friend.

I looked back at my phone and saw that it was 5:30 am.   I'm not a morning person AT ALL.  I'm still not as bad as Ross though...

I sighed once again and went into the kitchen to make breakfast.  The others were starting to wake up as well but I wanted to make breakfast as a thank you for letting me stay the night.  I always spend the night here but I'd like to make a breakfast for everyone.

I got out the pancake powder from the cupboard and got a metal mixing bowl.  I added all the ingredients and started to stir it all together with a big spoon.  When the batter was runny just enough I poured a spoon full of the batter on to the hot pan on the stove.  10 minutes later all the Lynch's were up and just enough pancakes were made perfectly and laid out on the table for everyone.

" Wow thank you Ellington you didn't have to do this!"  Stormie hugged me as she saw the perfect pancakes.

"It's no problem I wanted to thank you for letting me stay here all the time"  I smiled at her.  She thanked me again and took a seat at the table where the boys were already stuffing thier faces.

I walked over to my seat that was in between Ross and Rydel.

"Boys"  Rydel sighed next to me as she saw the sight of her brothers.

I chuckled and grabbed four pieces of pancakes that I buttered and poured syrup on.

"Ohhhhhh!"  Rocky suddenly 'o'ed towards my direction in the middle of our breakfast.

"What?"  Ross asked unamusingly.

"Rosslington vs Rydellington!" He shouted and everyone laughed as me and Delly blushed.  Everyone knows Rosslington is me and Ross' bestfriend ship name but.... Rydellington?  Yeah that's something else.  It's a RELATIONSHIP ship name.  Alot of the fans ship me and Delly because they all think we like each other but it's not true...sort of.  Welllll I like her but I don't know if she likes me.

We all finished the delicious breakfast and started getting ready to go to the airport.  All the Lynch's ran upstairs in excitement while I walked to the couch and got my bag and went to the downstairs bathroom.

I combed through my brown hair and brushed my teeth, then I put on my outfit that I picked before I came here for the night. 

I looked back in the mirror to make sure I looked at least okay.  Since we've gotten more popular, we run into fans no matter where we go.

I had a black t-shirt that had a red dinosaur on it and it said "if your happy and you know it clap your....oh", black skinny jeans, a gray cardigan, and regular converse. 

I like all of those cheesy t-shirts.

I steeped out and put my bag back on the couch as I waited for everyone to come down.  Delly was first and she looked as beautiful as ever.

She was wearing a white fuzzy sweater with a big red heart in the middle, black clothy short shorts, black knee high stockings, and regular converse.

Beautiful....

"What?"  She asked smiling, taking me away from my daze.

"Your beautiful"  I smiled and she blushed looking down.

"Thank you" She said softly and sat next to me on the couch, leaning her head on my shoulder.

Soon all of the Lynch's appeared from the upstairs and we were all now in the van and on our way to the airport.

There was Stormie and Mark in the front seats, Riker, Ryland, and Ross in the back seats, and Me, Rydel, and Rocky in the very back seats.

Everyone was bouncing around with excitement from waiting to see thier of friend.  Why are they so excited? I mean, yeah she's coming to Cali for the first time but they've must've visited her alot since they go to Colorado every year right?  Hmm I wonder when's the last time they actually did see her....

"Hey umm Delly?"  I said nervously.  What If they haven't seen her in forever and I accidently point it out and make them feel bad?!

"Yeah!"  She chirped bubbly.

"When's the last time you've actually seen Summer?"  I shifted uncomfortably in my seat next to her.  Why did I have to ask this?!

She froze.

"Well...we moved here in 2007 and we last saw her when we were saying goodbye... we still kept in touch but never visited... so 8 years ago when I was 13.... she was 11 then and had dirty blonde hair, blue eyes, and braces...."  She trailed off sadly as she realized she never even visited her best friend.  (This story is set in June 2015 so Rydel is still 21 since her birthday is in August) 

Why do I have to ask dumb questions?

"I'm sorry Del, I shouldn't have asked"  I said quietly from disappointment in myself.

"It's okay"  She smiled softly and layed her head on my shoulder like she did earlier.

I sighed and layed my head on hers tiredly as I closed my eyes and put my focus away from the chaos and onto a peaceful sleep.

"WAAAAAKE UUUUUPPPP!!!!" someone screeched In my ear making my eyes pop open and jump.

"Come on were here" Ryland giggled as laughs erupted in the van.

I just rolled my eyes and got out of the van after Ryland with Delly following behind me.

We made it to the middle of the airport (sorry I don't know what thats called I've never been to an airport. It's the spot in the movies where the girl gets off the plane, drops her luggage, and runs to her boyfriend XD)  where people were scattering trying to make it to thier planes. 

After a while people started coming down an escalater and running to thier family with open arms.  Soon a young girl around my age looked at our group with a smile and ran to Delly who was running towards her as well. 

She had beautiful long blonde wavy hair, aqua blue eyes, and was wearing an amazing white and green short dress that had an open-ish back.

Pppprrrreeetttyyyy.

She exchanged hugs with all the Lynch's but I noticed that when Ross hugged her she sort of tensed up and had a confused look on her face.

We'll that was weird....

She came up to me and held her hand out with a smile.

"I'm Summer King" She smiled with her perfect teeth.  "And I'm the one who made these crazies even crazier" She giggled.

"I'm Ellington Ratliff.  You can call me Ratliff though... or E-Rat, Invisible ninja, or hot drummer.  I TRIED to keep these people sane but I think I made them even more weirder if that's possible..."  I trailed off and she giggled at my weirdness.

Ahhh she's just soooo cute, and has a cute laugh, and-

AND WHAT AM I SAYING?!?!

I just met her meaning I don't know her and I like Delly....

Right?

AN - NOOOOO!!!! Ross' birthday is officially over and it is now December 30th! HE'S 19 and my chances of dating him just keeps getting lower and lower and lower...and lower... Jk XD sort of... anyways did you like the chapter?! Sorry for updating at 1 in the morning but I tend to do that alot so you should be used to it by now XD. UNTIL NEXT TIME MY FRIENDS!!!!!

-Jaclyn