27

Ok so remember when I said I was thinking about wrapping this up? I lied. Sorry! Also I found this picture on Pinterest and I just... I couldn't find any artist credit (I can never find any goddamn artist credit!) but to whoever made this: you're doing God's work xo

I wake up late the next morning, judging by the sunlight streaming in the window. I look around, but the room is completely empty. I guess Loki had to go and be king. There's sound coming from the garden outside, but I don't think anything of it. I can't even make out what the people are saying, but it sounds like a lot of them. I get up, deciding to take a shower.

"(Y/N)?" I jump at Loki's voice. He shouldn't be here yet, it's the middle of the day.

"Don't come in," I yell, finishing up with rinsing my toothbrush, then quickly putting on my clothes. No matter how many times we're intimate together, I'm still self-conscious of my body.

 "Are you dressed?" he asks.

"Yeah," I open the door, flicking my damp hair back off my face. "Why are you here?"

"Thor," he glances over his shoulder and I frown. It is indeed Thor, standing in full battle regalia and looking like thunder, no pun intended.

"Oh," I say, crossing my arms over my chest. "What's he doing here, and why are you... you?"

 "I've been away," Thor growls.

 "Yes," I interrupt him, "and it was lovely."

 "Thor found out," Loki tells me, "and now we have to go and get Odin."

"Why?" I'm still staring at Thor. "Asgard's doing great." Thor snorts, and Loki takes my hand.

 "It would appear that my dear brother and I have different definitions of what makes a good king," he says icily, and I frown harder.

"Ok, so are we going to Midgard?"

"Well," Loki frowns at the floor, "Thor and I are."

"No way," I put my hands on my hips, "you are not leaving me behind." 

"We're not bringing you, (Y/N)," Thor informs me, and I flip him off.

"Shut the fuck up," I turn back to Loki. "Look, I get that I'm not very diplomatic and Odin doesn't like me," I say, "but there is no way I'm letting you go off and not take me too! Besides, I know Midgard a lot better than you."

"It's true," Loki looks at his brother. "She has all the knowledge of a native and we could use it."

"I know Midgard well," Thor protests and I raise an eyebrow.

"Yeah," I say, "you know New York and poptarts. That's so helpful!"

"Listen well, (Y/N)," he steps closer to me, one finger raised. "You may have more knowledge of Midgard than me, but do not think for a second that will protect you."

"From what?" I stare directly into his eyes, crossing my arms. 

"(Y/N) that's enough," Loki gently pulls me away from Thor, but I continue to hold his gaze until he looks away. "Well," he says, "now that we've established that, can we please go?"

"Yes," Thor turns and leads us through the palace and onto the Bifrost, where our temporary gatekeeper Scourge sends us down to Midgard.

"I swear I left him right here." Loki says, staring pensively at the wreckage of "Shady Acres Care Home."

"Right here on the sidewalk or where the building's being demolished?" Thor asks. "Great planning!"

"How was I supposed to know? I can't see into the future, I'm not a witch."