Bye Mum

Lizeth's POV:

"Your mums gonna be fine, but you can't live with her. It's not safe. You're going to have to be in foster care." Foster care. Staying with people you don't know, hopping from place to place until you're 18 and everyone is glad to get rid of you. I had stitches in my foot and they made me use crutches. They gave me a long talk about cutting myself as if it would do anything.

"That's dangerous."

"You need therapy."

"If you hit the wrong place you could die."

"It's not healthy."

Fuck healthy. I've been living with a druggie and an alcoholic. Do they really think I give a fuck about healthy? Nathan would understand. But he can't be here. He'll never be able to be here. That band meant everything to him and I couldn't bring myself to stop it. He'll never come back. He hasn't even answered any texts. He's forgotten about me. After just 2 days(she spent one in the hospital). I tell myself he's busy. That he's recording or in meeting. For all I know he's busy flirting with someone. I don't care. Fuck him. He probably doesn't even care. They stuck me with a family named the Parks. They kept me for 6 months. Then came the McCreery family. 4 months. When I turned 17, I joined the George family. They bought me nice clothes and let me decorate my room however I wanted. They had a son named Max, he made me think of the Max in the band but I had never caught his last name. He was also in a band. Coincidence? I doubt it. But I didn't mention it to Nathan. All I want to do is forget. Forget my boyfriend. Forget my best friend. Loose the memories. Everything. I didn't let the George family know that I still used a razor. All the other families got rid of me for it. I liked the George family, I didn't want to leave the. For my 18th birthday they gave me a car. I tried to tell them it was too much, but they wouldn't listen. They told me I could visit anytime I wanted and that I would do something big. As stupid as it sounds, I went back to Gloucester. I had to see my mum first. I pulled up to her house and saw her and Dawn, her caretaker's car too. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. 

"Who's there?"

"Lizeth."

I heard shaky breathing and was releived when the door opened. She had her hair up in a bun and had hints of makeup. I felt her looking me over and blushed. 

"You look so tall and lean." She reached out and pushed a tendril of my hair out of my face and I noticed her perfectly manicured nails. Lean? What a joke. She doesn't even know. 

"You look nice." Mum was wearing a buisness suit and had a briefcase in her hand. 

"Thanks, I was just heading out to work."

"Oh.Ok."

"Maybe I'll see you soon!" 

She walked out to her car and drove off. A job? The rehab must've really worked. 

"Dawn?" I'd only met her once. She was around 30 and was a trained nurse.

"Yes Ms. Lizeth?" She came out in a pair of sweats and had a baby in her arms. 

"You can call me Liz."

 "Your friend cam around while you were gone, name started with an N and it was a young boy. Bout 6 months back and he was looking for you. Said he'd be back soon." 

"Oh. Thanks for telling me ring me if he comes by again."

"Of course Ms-- I mean Liz." 

Dawn gave me a smile and looked away. I walked down the street to visit Karen and Jess, it was more than just a visit but they didn't know that