Eclipse part 4

Eclipse chapter 4
For the past few days I rarely talk with my parents. I spend most of my time in library preparing for a upcoming exams and get myself busier with studies ignoring my parents not like they made any attempt to talk with me either . It all went nice until  Friday my mother told me to come home earlier . I was planning to have a break too so I did as she told .
oh you came . We are having guests  tonight So dress nicely and come downstairs later.  “ well no hello or welcome back great . I just nod at her and went upstairs quietly . My mom has prepared  me a nice V neck pencil dress along with pair of heels . I take a quick shower and laid on my bed still on my dressing rob. I stare at the ceiling for a while counting stars as  I still remember how I request my father to decorate it as a night sky when I was eleven . I always love star gazing and I recall the time when my father and I used to have  star gazing camps in our garden  . He always had time for me back then.
yoojin wake up !”  I woke up to somebody shaking my body lightly . I think I have fell asleep .
yoojin why did u sleep. they are already here hurry get dress” oh shit I forget
sorry mom I was tired”
they are asking for you hurry” she left me with that and I hurriedly get dress and put light makeup and pin my hair to a bun .
When I went to downstairs I heard my father talking with someone  so I headed to the kitchen where I found my mom talking with a lady probably in her  40s . They look at me and my mom introduce me to her with a big smile
oh yoojinah ! Say hello to mrs. Lim “  I nod at her and greet the lady with a polite smile
nice to meet you mrs.Im  I’m Kim  yoojin”
“ohh dear just call me Aunt or should I say mother in low “ and then she laugh with my mother happily . Wait mother in low oh right I almost forget about Im jaebum
ohh sooyong-ah your have such a beautiful daughter “ she said with a high pitch voice and drag me to the living room with her .
dear look who I met “ she show me to a man dress in a suit who I think mr.lim
Nice to meet you mr.Lim I politely bow at him too.
oh yoojin nice to meet you too “ he slightly smile at me .
Where is jaebum “ oh right where is the man of my nightmares .
I’m here” speaking of the devil there he is looking dashing in his suit and with his perfectly styled hair . God has given him looks even though his personality is quite the opposite .
ohh jaebum-ah . Isn’t our yoojin pretty. you guys know each other right”
Jaebum didn’t say anything and just ignore his mother and I just smile at her
let’s have dinner now shall we “ my mom invite everyone .
I sat beside my mother and look up to see that jaebum guy has already seated in front of me .
Through the dinner mrs Lim keep asking question about my life and my father and mr.Lim talk with themselves and jaebum didn’t seem to interest in anything around him
so yoojin I heard that you are a university  student what is your major business ? “ mrs.Lim asked
well no actually I’m a medical student “  they all went quite and mr.Lim raise  his eyebrows and pay attention to  our conversation .
do you planning to be a doctor then yoojin”
Mr.Lim asked . All the eyes on me of course expect jaebum’s  who is smirking down now.
well yes I’m planning to be a doctor “
Is that something to ask .
It was awkward after that well at least for me mrs.Lim didn’t ask me anything and have a conversation with my mother .Until my father bring back the topic which I avoided for the past few days .
so when will be the wedding mr.Lim”
mmm We haven’t set a date yet what do you think jaebum “ Then jaebum  raise his head and look straight at my eyes and then look at my father
we will tell you later mr.kim. It will be end of this month probably "
Well it’s my marriage too.
well I want to say something about the marriage “. Everyone look at me even Jaebum . My mom give me ‘don’t you dare look’ sorry mom but it’s my life .
what is it dear?” mrs.Lim asked me
well I’m sorry but I don’t want to get married “
I stated quietly and mrs.Lim dramatically gasp and  My parents look at me  with disappointment written all over their face .  Everyone is quite shocked except Jaebum of course he is smirking at me directly .
My father cleared his throat
I’m sorry about that but she will defiantly marry jaebum  “
please father I said no why can’t you understand me “ I said almost pleading at him
yoojin stop this “
My mother said with a stern voice . Out of all people why they have to be like this .
“ I can’t believe my own parents want me to marry someone against my will”
I said looking at them and excuse the table and hurriedly run upstairs .
I close my door and leaned  against it . I want to cry and scream loudly  but held back.
I close my eyes and let the  tears wet my cheeks  and crying to myself quietly .after few minutes I heard  someone knocking at  my door
Knowing its either my mom or dad I choose to ignore it but each passing minutes it’s get louder and I stand up to open my door angrily
what
but only to meet up with a pair of cold eyes staring down at me .

Written by @naveeranasinghe