The Talent Show

The next morning, I wasn't as hangover as I thought I'd be. I woke up late for school. I got at least 25 missed calls on the home phone, all from my mum. I called her and left her a voicemail saying I was okay, then I got ready for school. By the time I arrived, I saw that everyone was making their way to the atrium, so I assumed the talent show was about to start.

It felt like it was going by super slow. I didn't find any interests in it at all. Almost everyone who were part of the show, were either dancing, doing tae-kwon-do, playing yo-yo, or some sort of thing. There has only been 2 singing acts.

About an hour went by, then the 'host' of the talent show, which was a teacher, announced the final act. She stated that it was a singing act. Sigh, I thought. I hated singing and dancing acts because it made me feel even more insecure and made me hate myself even more. However, when I saw the boy I had seen the day before walk up confidently on the stage, my heart almost stopped beating.

His curly brown hair, his greenish eyes and his tuxedo; everything about him was so beautiful.

The girl sitting next to me whispered to her friend, "What a manwhore, wearing a tux just because he knows how he'll attract all the girls even more."

"I know right? Everybody just loves him...He's the only one in this whole talent show who wore such nice and fancy clothes." Her friend replied.

I just ignored them and kept looking at the beautiful boy standing there.

He never told me yesterday that he was part of it...Is that why he wanted me to be here? No, it can't be. Maybe he just wanted to remind me in case I forgot.

"Hi...As many of you already know, I'm Harry...Styles." He said in a deep voice.

I feel my throat tighten a bit at his voice.

"I'm not really the type of guy who does those talent show stuff, but my friends; Liam, Louis, Niall, Zayn, Ed and Nick have encouraged me to do so this year. The reason is very simple. This day and this moment right now means a lot to me, because the song I'm about to sing is dedicated...to...well..."

"Who cares? Just sing baby!" A girl shouted from the crowd.

"Oh...well. Okay let me just get to the point. The song I'm about to sing is dedicated to a very beautiful girl who doesn't know she's beautiful. She is one of the reasons why I come to school everyday, because I love seeing her face and her smile. I-"

"Oh my gosh, Harry! BABY, THANK YOU!" A girl shouted.

"THAT'S ME HARRY. HI!" Another replied.

"HARRY IS IT ME?" A random girl screamed.

Harry chuckled and whispered, "The song is called..."

I see Harry looking in my direction and smiling.

Just say it already, I thought. I was a mess right now. I wanted to cry, because Harry was on stage. The boy that saved my life.......twice. The boy that saw me almost kill myself. The boy that never said a word about it. And now...I felt even more horrible because of his speech. I knew he was talking about a special girl and that could never be me, EVER. It made me feel horrible and I feel like he made me come to the talent show just to make me feel the pain, because he knows I like him.

"Little Things." He finally said.

Oh. I say.

The curtains opened up and his friends were behind him. They were dressed in normal clothes. Ed Sheeran, one of Harry's friends started playing the guitar, followed by Niall. It was a slow song. Everyone went quiet in the atrium, nobody said a word. Was it because this is the first time ever that they will hear Harry's voice? The most popular boy in the school, along with his friends...or what?