Surprise

When I get to Harry's tree house and climb up, I see Harry playing guitar on his bed.

"Hi..."

"How was detention?"

"Short and sweet, we just had to do lines." I say and my voice sort of cracks.

"Were you crying?"

Shoot. I can't lie but I don't want to have him worry about me again. He's already got his problems.

"Um, I'm okay, really."

"What happened?"

"It's okay, really Harry."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I just got caught by my mum...she knows I skipped class, that's all."

"And...?"

"Yeah."

"Okay."

"Okay." I say back.

"So, uh what song were you playing before I came?"

"Oh, uh it was just one of Ed's song..."

"You mean, Ed Sheeran? The one who was with you and the rest of the boys on stage when you sang Little Things at school?"

"Yeah, he's the one that wrote Little Things actually."

"Serious?"

"Yep."

"Woah, that's incredible. He's really talented."

"Indeed."

"Do you know any of his other songs?"

"Yeah, he shares them with us. He says he wants to be a professional singer one day, but for now he just writes songs to practice and perform when he gets the chance to."

"Did he ever send his songs to a recording company of some sort?"

"I don't think so."

"So uh, what other songs did he write? I would love to hear them; want to sing one for me maybe?"

"Not today, but hey uh there's a party at Ed's tonight, want to come? Maybe you'll hear him sing."

"Uh, it's a school night but okay, whatever. I'll come, but I'll have to be back by 10, else I'll get in even more trouble."

"Okay, it starts at 6, I'll pick you up?"

I want him to, but I remember what happened with my mum and I'm not sure what her reaction will be if Harry shows up at my door. Sorry Harry. I'd say yes, but no, I can't risk it.

"How about I just meet you here?"

"Isn't it quite a long walk?"

"Eh, about 15 minutes, no biggie."

"Okay."

Usually, there's a really long awkward silence before either of us say anything again. Anyway, I don't even know why I said yes to go to the party. Well, I really probably should have not said that. I really need to start to think before I say anything because 1. People will start hating me even more when they see Harry and I together, 2. The last time I went to a party, it did not turn out good and 3. I am really not the party girl type.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah, uh I was just thinking...Um about tonight, what will they say if they see us together?"

"Oh, don't worry. You're mine and nobody will take you away from me, no matter what. You know why? Because you belong with me. I'll introduce you to the boys today if you want, and I know you don't like the public relationship type, so they won't have to know. It's your choice."

"Aw, but I feel selfish that way."

"No, don't. I don't mind actually."

"So which option would you prefer?"

"Hey, a relationship is between two people anyway, not the whole world; they don't have to know."

"Good, because I know it'll create more problems...you know jealousy and stuff."

"That's true too."

"Okay." I say and I find myself looking at a baby picture of Harry that is on his desk.

"I, better go to get ready now, I'll see you later?"

"Uh yeah, sure. Oh and hey, I got you a book; I know how much you love books."

"Thanks."

"I'll call when I'm leaving the house."

"But you don't have my number."

"Who says? I'm sure you must've written it in the book somewhere along with a little note."

"You know me too well." He mumbles and giggles.

"Come here."

I walk over to Harry, who gives me a kiss on the forehead and then I walk to the door. It's actually quite hard to use the ladder to get back down, since it keeps moving.

Finally, when I get down, I take a look at the title of the book. It reads "How a beautiful girl changed my life" by Harry Styles. I feel a tear drop down my cheeks and as much as I want to call Harry's name to look once more at him and say thank you, I don't. Instead, I just walk away, hugging the book tightly against my chest.