The Party

I take about half an hour before actually picking an outfit. I just put on a pair of black skinny jeans, an England tank top and a black cardigan. I know most girls will probably wear some sort of slutty dress, but I don't care; I'm not like them. 

The house is quiet and I can hear the TV playing in my mum's room. I peak outside and the car isn't in the driveway anymore. 

I walk out to go see my mum. She's watching a cooking show. She doesn't notice me walking in her room.

"I'm going out tonight."

"Where to?"

"A party."

"But...it's a erm..."

"What?"

"Nevermind, have fun alright?"

"Thanks mum. Sorry about earlier today."

"It's alright. Come here."

She hugs me tightly and then whispers in my ear to stay safe. After a minute or two, I think she realizes that it's been a while since she's been hugging me so tightly, so she let's go and gives me a kiss on my head. 

"Want me to do your hair?"

"It's alright, I'll just get the straightener and after that I'm going, okay mum?"

"Yeah, I was thinking about going to Nando's tonight, but maybe tomorrow?"

"But tomorrow is your usual night out?"

"I'm trying to give up on smoking and drinking..."

"How come?"

"It's not good for me, it's really changing me."

"Thanks." I say and look at the floor. There's a long silence before I walk out the room. 

Was she really doing this? For me or for her? I mean, either way, I was really happy that she realized that it wasn't good.

I didn't even get a chance to read Harry's book before leaving for the party, but I only opened it to get his number so I can text him.

"Be there in 15 xx"

Less than a minute later, he texted back saying "Great, can't wait. Thanks for letting me know, time for me to go get ready .xx"

His text made me smile. Quite frankly, boys don't take so long to get ready. Harry was probably busy playing video games or something, I don't even know. I didn't text back, as I thought I'd just let him do his thing.

When I get to the tree house, he isn't there. I just lay down on his bed and look at the ceiling. I start to over think about everything. 

Minutes later, I hear footsteps so I just snap out of it. Then, it's quiet again so I just close my eyes and let myself imagine Harry being the charming prince like in Sleeping Beauty and coming over next to me and kissing me.

Actually, this wasn't really a dream or me imagining it, it actually happened. When I open my eyes, I see Harry staring at me. He is sitting on the bed and is staring at me right in the eyes.

"Hi."

"Hi beautiful."

"Feeling sleepy?"

"Nah, I was waiting for you." I say instead of telling him what I was day dreaming about which actually happened.

"So, ready to go?"

"Sure thing, let's go."

"Okay." I say and I let him go before me. I follow down and then we're both standing, close to each other, surrounded by trees. It's so peaceful and I love it.