Chapter 6

Avery is waiting at the airport with Max for the guys to come. Max looks at Avery.

"You sure about this"

"Yes I just hope it works"

Max holds Avery's hand and looks towards the arrivals gate.

"It will, the guys are coming over"

The guys walk over to Avery.

"Welcome back guys I missed you"

The guys look between Avery and Max.

"I see that you left out some important information during our calls"

"Yeah sorry about that"

Ryan stays quiet he doesn't say anything about seeing Avery and Max together. All he can think about was how he should have told her before he went on tour and that he'd be the one she would have been most excited to see rather than her being with someone else. They all head out to the car and they drop the guys back home then Max drops Avery at home.

"Well Avery I think it worked"

"Yeah if he's not gonna be stubborn"

"Let me know if anything happens I'm rooting for the two of you"

"Thanks, Max and I will"

Avery gives Max a quick hug then heads inside and sits down on the couch then the doorbell rings so she gets up and answers it.

"Hi Ryan, what are you doing here"

"Alec told me the truth"

"About what"

"You and Max"

"There is no me and Max"

"Exactly"

"Ryan why do you even care if I was with someone or not any way"

"Because Avery I like you"

"That's what you were going to say before you left on tour wasn't it"

"Yes it was, I just chickened out, I should have told you ages ago Avery I just didn't want to mess up our friendship"

"It's a bit late for that Ryan"

"Avery.."

"Ryan I like you too"

Ryan smiles and pulls Avery closer to him and kisses her.

"It's about time"

Avery turns to look at her sister

"Really Emma"

"Sorry, I'll leave you two to it"

Avery and Ryan laugh while Emma leaves the room

"Avery, do you want to come and hang out with me and the guys cause we all did miss you"

"I'd love to"

Avery and Ryan say bye to Emma and head to the guys house. They walk in and head to where they hear the guys yelling from to find them playing Mario Kart. They walk in just as Alec wins.

"You mean to tell me that you started the game without me"

"Hey Avery, well yeah I had to be able to beat someone"

"Wanna have a race"

"Sure but prepare to lose"

"Not going to happen, Alec"

Avery and Alec start to race. Nathan turns to Ryan and gets him to go to the kitchen with him.

"Please tell me that you told Avery"

"Nathan I nearly didn't if I'm being honest but seeing her with Max even though there was nothing happening between them made me realize. If I don't tell her now then who knows what will happen and today for all I know could have been my last chance because someone else could have come along"

"Well now that you have told her what did she say"

"All she said was I like your face"

Nathan and Ryan both burst out laughing.

"Did she actually say that"

"No, but it does sound like something she would randomly blurt out. She told me that she likes me too"

"Awww cute so when are you going to take her on a date"

"Well I need to plan something first"

"Ryan go ask her and say tomorrow"

"Alright then Mr. Pushy"

They both head back to the others just as they were both about to pass the finish line Nathan steps on a squeaky board which causes Alec to look away from the screen giving Avery the chance to cross the finish line.

"Haha yes I got it"

"Nathan you distracted me"

"Well I didn't know that was the squeaky board"

Alec turns to Avery.

"You would have lost if Nathan hadn't of stepped where he did"

"Alright well then go play against Nathan and beat him"

Alec and Nathan sit down and get ready to race while Ryan and Avery cuddle up together on the other couch.

"Avery do you want to go out on a date tomorrow"

"I'd love to Ryan"

"I will pick you up at six"

"Okay sounds good, are you going to tell me what the plan is"

"How does dinner sound"

"Sounds good to me"

The guys are finishing the final lap Nathan jumps up when he crosses the finish line first.

"Haha beat that Alec"

"I let you win"

"Hmm sure you did"

Avery bursts out laughing.

"Why don't you just have a rematch"

Nathan and Alec get set for the rematch while Ryan and Avery stay cuddled up on the couch.

Emma is sitting on the couch watching a movie while eating popcorn. All of a sudden someone knocks on the door so she pauses the movie.

"Avery did you seriously forget your key. Maybe next time don't be so distracted by Ryan and you would remember your key"

Emma gets up and goes to the door. She hesitates for a moment after not hearing a response from her sister. She pauses for a moment before she opens the door she looks at the person standing in front of her and closes her eyes and opens them again. When she sees Mason still standing there she doesn't know how to react as she hasn't seen him in ages and he wasn't supposed to be back for another week or two.

"Emma you okay there you haven't said anything"

"Mason Axel Miller what are you doing here you weren't supposed to be back for a couple of weeks"

"I was sent home early so I decided to come to see you as soon as I got back because I missed you"

"How about you come in and we talk"

He walks in and sits down while Emma closes the door and sits on the couch beside him.

"Alright so tell me what you have been up to Emma"