Chapter 4

Emma and Avery both go to bed. The next day Avery stays at home rather than going to the guys house. They start to worry considering Avery was supposed to go to the studio with them. They try to call her but she doesn't answer so they head to her house. Emma opens the door

"Hey what are you guys doing here"

"Avery is supposed to come to the studio with us today but she's not answering her phone"

"Come in and have a seat and I'll go get her"

The guys go in and sit on the couch while Emma goes up to Avery's room

"Avery can I come in"

Avery opens the door and Emma walks in

"Alright Avery what is up with you why are you avoiding the guys"

"Emma I'm not avoiding them I just didn't get any sleep till 7 this morning cause I just couldn't stop thinking about what we talked about"

"Okay well go get ready and I'll tell the guys you will be down in a few"

Emma leaves before Avery can protest and she goes back downstairs to the guys

"She wasn't ignoring you lot she just didn't get any sleep last night and only managed to fall asleep at 7 this morning so she was just asleep but she's getting ready now"

"Is their something bothering her that kept her awake"

"I'm not sure Ryan she didn't say and I didn't want to push her into talking"

"Alright sure if she wants to she will talk about it anyway"

The four of them talk for another while till Avery comes down. When Emma sees her she smiles at how Avery ditched her usual jeans and baggy jumper for jeans a bodysuit and a leather jacket with her black ankle boots with a four inche heel.

"You look stunning sis"

"Thanks Emma"

She looks over at the guys and smiles

"Sorry guys I wasn't ignoring you I was just asleep didn't get much last night"

"You feeling any better now"

"Yeah I am thanks Ryan"

"Are you still coming to the studio with us"

"Yeah of course Nathan"

"Well you lot better get going so"

They all head out to the car and hop in and head to the studio. When they get there the guys leave Avery while they go talk to their manager when they return the look at her and smile.

"It's been settled we are switching places you are going to avail of the studio today now go show us what you got"

The lads start to push Avery into the recording booth. They leave her in there and close the door Avery starts to get nervous but gets all set up and first starts to play the guitar and eventually sings. Before long she had sang four of her songs and went out to the guys.

"Alright are you three happy now"

"Yes, you were amazing Avery"

"Thank you Alec"

They spend another while in the studio sorting things out then they head off. Avery was being unusually quite around the guys they didn't say anything because they thought it was because Avery hadn't gotten much sleep. They weren't wrong she kept thinking about what Emma said it was playing on her mind again just like it had all night. She was trying to figure out who it was but she had no idea.

"You okay Avery your very quiet"

"I'm fine Ryan I just have a lot on my mind right now"

"Wanna talk about it"

Avery looks out the window

"I'm not sure how to put it in to words"

"Well if you want to talk I'll listen"

"Thanks Ryan"

The guys drop Avery home and head back to their house. When they get home Nathan and Alec confront Ryan.

"Ryan we leave tomorrow for tour you need to tell her how you feel because a lot can happen in a month and a half and you can't guarantee that she will be waiting for you when she gets back if she doesn't even know how you feel"

"Alec is right you need to go talk to her and go do it today cause we leave tomorrow afternoon"

"Alright fine I'll go talk to her"

Ryan leaves and walks to Avery's and knocks on the door. Emma answers the door and let's him in.

"Avery is in her room, go up and talk to her"

"Thanks Emma"

Ryan heads up to Avery's room and knocks on the door.

"Avery can I come in"

"Sure"

Ryan walks in and sits down beside Avery

"Avery I need to talk to you about something it's kind of important"

"Okay shoot what's up Ryan"

Ryan pauses not knowing how to word it.

"It's alright Ryan I'm not going to judge you your my best friend"

Hearing Avery say that hit him hard he didn't know if he could tell her that he liked her. After hearing her call him her best friend he was certain that she didn't like him as anything more than a friend.

"Avery I uh..."

Avery bit her lip trying to hide her smile. She couldn't help but think that Ryan was going to tell her that he liked her.

"Avery I was wondering if you wanted to hang out with me for the evening as a way to get your mind off whatever is bothering you"

"Oh uh yeah sure that would be great I'll go get snacks and we can watch a movie. Could you pick out the movie"

Avery gets up and goes down to the kitchen and grabs a few snacks and she brings them back up. She can't help but think about how Emma must have been wrong she was sure that Ryan was going to say he liked her but she was wrong. She put on a smile and walked in and put the snacks down. They watch a few movies and eat the snacks after the third movie Avery ands up falling asleep so Ryan pulls the blanket over her and brings the remnants of the snacks to the kitchen and heads home.