Then Walk.

It was just Kole, Nick, and me at Kole's party. He didn't mind though. He dug into cake and made a mess. He opened all his presents with a little of my help. I let Nick give him a bath while I cleaned up.

"Okay honey. Baby is in the bed and we have the house to ourselves." Nick says as he walks into the living room.

"Nick I saw your mom today. She stopped to talk to me at the grocery store." I say.

"How's she doing?" He asks as he sits beside me.

"She's good. She told me something though. I'm not sure how to feel about it."

"Talk to me about it then baby."

"Nick I can't give you a family. I can't be with you like you want me to be. I told you when this started that it's not love. It's never gonna be love for me." I say quickly ripping the bandaid off.

"You can't tell me that you feel nothing for me. You have to Lacey."

"I'm sorry Nick but I can't continue this relationship knowing that it's gonna end eventually." I say as I stand up.

"Lacey please. Don't run away from me." He pleads.

"Nick please get your stuff and leave. You can't stay here anymore." I tell him slowly.

"Lacey. Please."

"Nick I can't. I can't hurt you more than I have too."

"Does this have something to do with the doctor today?" He asks suddenly.

"No." I say low.

"You've been acting weird since you came home today." He points out.

"Nick I had a lot of tests done. I get the results back in a week. That's all."

"What's the tests for?" He asks confused.

"I have an issue that's unusual."

"Like what?"

"Something is destroying my right ovary. Meaning my chances of ever having my own kids are slimming as we speak." I tell him as my eyes fill with tears. Not only that, but I'm losing my best friend. I wouldn't blame him if he never talked to me again.

"Let me be here for you." He tries.

"Nick I decided we couldn't be together before I found out that news." I explain.

"Lacey, once I walk out that door then I'm done." He says strongly.

"Then walk out." I say sadly.

"I'll get my stuff tomorrow and leave my key on the table while your at work." He says softly.

"Okay." I say as I hear the door open and shut.