That was then...

They came in the middle of the night. They were terrifying to my 15 year old eyes. It was a key moment in my life though.

My 'parents' saved me that night. I don't know how they knew I was there, but I'm thankful they found me. They took me in and trained me.

We never had to move around, regardless of the zombies. We stayed in the same house for all those years. 3 years total. We killed hoards of zombies together. Until that night.

Dad was on guard that night. We took turns sitting on the roof and watching. I don't know what happened really but he fell from the roof and mom went to check on him. I never saw them again. I never killed them either. They just disappeared.

Soon after, Daryl Dixon emerged with the crew that had been traveling around the state destroying the mass amount of zombies.

I would love to say that he saved my life and that he's the reason why I'm alive today. In a way, he is.

He came to my house first. He killed every zombie in the area, he even took a shot at me. After that, I don't remember much. I know I must have passed out. I woke up in an unfamiliar place. Locked in a room that wasn't mine.

When Daryl came back for me, he told me that the zombies were dead. He took me to Atlanta and I was enrolled in a new program he created.

It's been 3 years since then.