Safe and Sound for now.

The ride back to the academy was pretty quiet. I took most of the walkers out on the way there so I didn't kill much. No one turned either.

"We'll do a blood test for everyone when we get back. As many people as we can get in a safe place the better off we all are." Daryl tells us.

I put the bow down as I crawl into my seat. My arm is cramped up and I'm ready for a hot shower. It's been a long day.

"Daryl when we get back will you massage my shoulder or ice it or something?" I ask sweetly.

"Is it your bad shoulder?" He asks.

"It's actually my whole upper body. My back and arms are killing me." I complain.

"I know they are. I'm impressed by how long you lasted." Daryl says playfully.

"Hey I worked harder than both of y'all put together today." I brag.

"You've got a surprise too." Daryl says low.

"I guess I can wait." I say with a smile.

I grab his hand and intertwine our fingers. This makes me feel better. This makes me feel safe.

"Look! There's the academy!" Mason says like an excited little kid.

"Let's get these people in the safe rooms. One a piece until we know there clear." Daryl says as we pull in the garage.

We all pile out with our weapons ready.

"This is just a safety measure. We'll get y'all in your own safe room. We'll do a blood test and once your clear you'll stay here until it's safe out there." Daryl tells them.

We split them up and get them all safely into their rooms.

"Use the equipment and test them. If anyone comes back positive, then they need to be taken care of. It's been a while since the last outbreak but we need to maximize security and follow all rules. This is a safe place." Daryl says to the main doctor.

"Yes sir. Well let you know how they are once we get a clear number." The doctor says.

"Okay Mason. For tonight, you'll get your own room. You're either gonna have to toughen up or we can't bring you out tomorrow to do damage control." Daryl tells Mason.

Someone leads Mason to his room and I'm left with Daryl.

"Let's get you fixed up." Daryl says as he leads me to his room.

"I'm telling you, tomorrow y'all are gonna have to do most of the work. I overdid it today." I say as I roll my shoulders.

"Well everyone is on lockdown. There shouldn't be much to do tomorrow. It's all right here in Atlanta." Daryl comforts me.

"I know. Maybe we should get a slightly bigger group." I suggest.

"More people to watch and worry about. Mason's balls will drop or he'll get bit Lacey. Only the strong survive." He tells me.

"I know but I'm trying to save the damn world." I say with a smile.

"You quoting me now?" He asks shocked.

"You know it." I say as we make it to his door.