Unpacking

I stroll down to the daycare center happily. I start my job next semester but until then I get time with Kole and time to set up everything and get what we need.

I walk into the building with a smile.

"Well hello Miss. Robinson! You're back sooner than we expected." Mrs. Suther says with a smile.

"I got the job. I start next semester." I tell her.

"Good job honey. I'm proud of you. My son is loading your stuff up now. He should be about finished."

"Okay. Thank you." I say as I sit down.

"We can watch Kole for you while you unpack."

"That's be great Mrs. Suther."

"Oh god. Call me Martha."

"Then please call me Lacey. I'm too young for formalities."

"Hey ma? When's that woman gonna be here?" I hear a man say.

"Act with some manners now Nicholas." Martha says sternly.

"Sorry momma." He says as he finds his way to the front.

Nicholas looks like his mom but extremely attractive. Rust colored hair with brown eyes. Thick and bulky but not fat. He's a worker. Too big to be a fighter.

"Well you must be the woman I just loaded a truck up for. I'm Nicholas Suther." He says to me as he holds his hand out. I grab it firmly.

"I'm Lacey Robinson. Nice to meet you." I say as I let go of his hand.

"The pleasures all mine ma'am." He says. God his drawl is thick. It matches him perfectly.

"Y'all go on and unload the truck. Nicholas you best be a gentleman." Martha says to her son.

"Yes ma'am." He says before kissing Martha on the cheek. "Trucks out front." He says to me.

I follow him out and stop when I see the massive pile of baby stuff.

"Wow. This is all for us?" I ask shocked.

"Yes ma'am. I figure your a new mom." Nicholas says.

"Something like that."

"Come on. We're burning daylight. We don't like working at night around here."

We get in the truck and the drive to the house is shorter than the walk.

"Okay so follow me to Kole's room. We can unpack everything and then hopefully stuff everything into his room." I tell Nicholas as we get out.

"Yes ma'am."

He follows me inside and I lead him to Kole's room so he knows where it's at.

"Okay. So everything in the living room and then we'll figure out something for his room?" Nicholas asks me.

"That's right." I say as we walk out to the truck.