Chapter 09

"Finally! I'm friggin Starving!", I exclaimed. Company 5 and Company 8 finally made a sort of amends and decided to have a Party to celebrate.

But I wasn't to concerned about that all I wanted was food and I was already eating some, with much more stacked on my plate.

"Slow down Ren, you don't want to choke right?", Maki said.

I swallowed the food That I was eating and I turned to look at her.

"Maki I Deserve this, I had to go on a mission on a empty stomach, and this the only thing that's bring my mood up again...and other things of course", I said, saying that last part a bit lower.

"Other things? And what other things would that be?", She asked me.
I glanced up at her, she had a smile on her face. "...Nothing", I murmured.

Maki told me that she was going to go Talk with Lieutenant Hinawa about something and then walked away.

I shrugged my shoulders and went back to eating when another person walked over, and though I didn't look up I could hear heels clicking against the floor.

I stopped mid way in biting my food and turned seeing Princess Hibana.
'Just my freaking Luck', Ren thought to herself.

She looked up seeing Her with a patch plastered on her cheek where Shinra had socked her hard in the face; a Slight tinge of happiness went through my body seeing it.

"What do you want? Came to call me gravel more?", I said in spite.

She pouted and flipped her hair, "No, I came to apologize". "Wait-What? Apologize?", I said bewildered. 

"For my behavior. I shouldn't have Kicked you and I do feel bad about it, and I just wanted to apologize for it", She told me.

"Um...I guess I accept it?", I told her still baffled by her apologizing-ness.

She continued, "Anyway I talked with your Captain and I need to tell you something-", "When did you talk to Captain Obi?", I asked interrupting her.

"When you were over here stuffing your face with meat", She sneered.

I rolled my eyes muttering, "Whatever".

"Anyway I wanted to tell you, My research may have found the answer to Spontaneous Human Combustion", She told me. "That being?".

"Someone's been turning people infernal", She said. My breath hitched as my eyes widened in Absolute shock.

I clenched my fist tightly. "Who is sick enough to do that?", I asked myself.

"The sightings for some of these have been in Shinjuku Ward".

'Why does that sound so familiar?', I pondered to myself. Till it finally clicked in my head. "That's Company 1's turf", I said.

Hibana nodded confirming my answer.

Well I don't care if it is Company 1, I'm going to find out who is responsible for this and We will find them no matter what", I said in a deep tone. Hibana sighed.

"That's good to hear. Now it's getting dark, your Company is waiting and you'll need the sleep for tomorrow", She Told me. I smiled at her gesture.