Chapter 05

"Today's Amaterasu rates are operational and functional, that's concludes today's news have a great day everybody, Latóm", The news lady finished.

Captain Obi turned the Tv off as me and Shinra stood at ease. We were both pretty banged up from yesterday's incident, I had a couple of bandages covering my Wounds and one on my face, Shinra having the same injuries.

"No News on yesterday's incident Snafu or this Joker guy, He spoke.

"That's suspicious, does the Fire force have something to hide?", Shinra asked.

"Well I'd assume they'd want to keep it under wraps or else the press would have a field day, but yeah it is pretty suspicious", I agreed. *Knock Knock Knock*. Lieutenant Hinawa walked I with a Clipboard in hand.

"Sir, The results from the remaining Ashes on Shinra and Ren's Jackets Have been analyzed", Hinawa began.

"Their was many Components in it but the main one was Infernal Ashes". Me and Shinra collectively Gasped and Captain Obi looked visibly anger but kept it contained. "Infernal Ashes?, Are you sure Sir?", I asked In disbelief.

"Tch, turning the remains of the dead into Explosives Sick Bastard", Obi said with clear disgust in his voice.

"How is that even possible?", Shinra asked. "We Still have no idea How he's doing it", Hinawa Answered. Captain Obi stayed silent as he took in all the sudden Information.

"Alright, Will investigate this further but until then Ren and Shinra You both go to the Comms room and work on some paper work. I want you both to take it easy", Captain instructed.

"Yes sir!", We both said Saluting and walking out. As we were walking It was a awkward silence between us, specifically from Shinra. "Hey-um Ren", Shinra finally spoke. "Yeah?", I said still walking.

He seemed hesitant to say what he wanted to say but he finally said, "Ren, about what Joker said yesterday about you're Mother". I stopped walking as he continued, "I know it's none of my business but-". I immediately cut him off and turned around facing him.

"Your right about that, it isn't any of your business Kusakabe so Don't ask", I said rather harshly. I realized what I said and apologized.

"I'm sorry Shinra it's just...", I trailed off. 'Dang Can't believe I snapped like that'. "It's fine Ren", He said sympathetically, "You Don't have to say". I apologized again and we continued walking.

Time-skip

We were all gathered in the Comms room and Everyone was bored expect for Maki. I noticed Arthur had a stupid look on his face and it seemed to be annoying Shinra.

"Will ya' stop looking like your gonna die of boredom? It's making it hard for me to work", Shinra complained. *RINGING!*.

Arthur's phone rang and he picked it up, "Arthur Boyle, Valiant Knight and lord of Camelot. How can I help you?".

Maki turned to him with a look of complete and utter embarrassment on her face and not one second later *CHOP!*.

Maki karate chopped Arthur in head and took the phone from him. "Sorry about that, Special Fire Force company 8", Maki said apologizing as Arthur groaned on the floor. "God your Such a idiot", I told him. "Yeah", Shinra agreed.

"Alright, Look Alive you Three We got a report of a dog stuck up in a tree. Think you three brave soldiers can go Rescue it?", Maki said.

Arthur scoffed, "Rescue a dog? Isn't that for I don't know- regular Firefighters?".