Chapter 6

Even though he had asked for Mew to bring him to the new restaurant he went into on the his first date with Tar on last Monday, Gulf was being Gulf when he groaned in annoyance and kicked his feet in the empty air as he got back to his slumber.

Mew was not amused but he was expecting it anyway. As if he had set his body, every Thursday, Gulf was very hard to be awakened in the morning. However the other guy got it, because they had no class on Thursday. Gulf would be sleeping like a log.

So instead of pushing his best friend to wake up, Mew decided to take a shower to wash himself. They had gone to bed without even washing their faces. Mew was a clean freak, going to bed without even changing clothes or washing his face was not himself at all.

But he was so caught up in the moment that he even forgot to be himself. The idea of Gulf having a girlfriend had been struck him. It still hurt, and that meant only one thing, he had not moved on at all.

He took a shower longer than he should have, when he went out of the bathroom, the owner of the room had crouched down before the TV screen and his xbox. Gulf was setting up for playing video games.

His hair was forming like a giant nest, ruffling oddly to one side. Mew found it hard not to craft a smile across his face, he liked this sight a littlw bit too much. But when Gulf turned his head towards him only, Mew had put on a straight face.

"Owh, I thought you have gone back." Both of them knew it was a lie since Gulf could heard the trickling water inside his occupied bathroom.

"You said you wanted me to take you to the new place for breakfast." Mew glanced at the digital clock on the nightstand before he continued, "Now it would be brunch by the time we reach there."

Gulf yawned as his eyes fell back to the TV screen, "Yeah, let's just settle with whatever I have in the fridge for now and have lunch there instead?"

It was so Gulf to cancel out the plans they had planned out before on last minutes. They were all mostly because of the game.

So the other guy didn't comment and sprawled himself on the couch, while Gulf was sitting on the floor with console in his hands and leaned his back on the couch. Mew went to check on his phone and got a greetings message from his boyfriend.

He replied right away, well he was late by 2 hours since he slept off. It was like Gulf's traits had gotten into him lately. His phone rang and made both of them startled. Gulf was hitting the console with his thumbs as he barked, "What the hell?!" He was a second late because of Mew's stupid phone.

Mew chose to answer the call in the balcony. He slid the door shut and leaned his weight on the fence.

Gulf took a glimpse of look on his best friend. Mew had been a bit secretive since he got a boyfriend. Was he shy on Gulf? Or maybe he used the soft tone whenever he talked to his boyfriend. That thought alone made Gulf a little but jittery on his seat.

He just realized that he was damned because he didn't know so many things about the other guy. Now that Mew had a boyfriend, Gulf wouldn't be someone he ran to for a talk or hanging around anymore. Gulf's disappointment was pulsing under his skin.

He never thought that there was someone who could be closer than a best friend. He was too dumb to recognize that Mew or even himself would eventually have someone closer than one another by their side.

And Mew had met that one, leaving Gulf alone in confusion. Gulf thought Mew would never settle for anyone, he didn't even let anyone going closer to him unless Gulf or Techno. But Gulf was closer to Mew than Techno to Mew, so he thought he would be everything for Mew like Mew for himself.