Chapter 9

The morning came early for Mew, or it was safe to say that he hadn't gotten any sleep at all. He spent his night tossing and turning around, thinking how Gulf's date would go. It was none of his business but he hoped maybe, just maybe, Gulf would have a second thought before jumping into a relationship with her

A tiny part of him didn't want Gulf to rush things and ended up regretting his decision later. Because Mew did. He regretted to ever so foolishly accept the cute guy's confession at the bar on Saturday night.

Tar approached him when Mew was not in his right mind, because Mew's mind was intoxicated with alcohol. However, blaming the alcohol would not make anything better, and it was his own fault too because he was not that wasted. He was just... too sick of his one-sided love and decided to take the chance when a cute guy confessed.

Ha wanted to see how his bestfriends reacted to him coming out as well. Especially his dearest Gulf. It turned out that Gulf left no comment of him being gay. He was pretty much welcome.

It really kicked Mew in the stomach, though, when his relationship had affected Gulf to search one for himself. Call him selfish, yeah, he admitted he was. He didn't want Gulf to be anyone else's while he was having a boyfriend himself. But Mew was regretting it to the bone.

Maybe having one-sided love and forever be single and alone by Gulf's side was better than having a boyfriend like this. Now he was tormented because his heart was still yearning for Gulf, but at the same time, he didn't want to be a two-timer for Tar.

Tar was cute. But he was not Gulf. Maybe that was the classic reason why he couldn't move on. He knew he hadn't tried to leave some distance between Gulf and him. But before he even did that, Gulf had told him how sad he was because Mew had been secretive around him.

If he wasn't being secretive, would Gulf ever want to hear his feelings out? Mew doubted that. Gulf would never be ready for a relationship with a man. Pathetic, huh?

How could he imagine what Gulf's face would be like if he ever conveyed his feelings. Maybe hurt or disgusted. Since finding out that your bestfriend had been thinking of kissing you to sleep would be disgusting. Moreover it was like your wingman who dreamed of kissing you.

Nobody could imagine that.

Mew unraveled his thick hair woth his fingers running into it. He grabbed his phone as he dialled Gulf's number.

Gulf picked it up right away, "Mew?"

Mew chuckled hearing the voice that sounded rough and hoarse, Gulf must have been waking up to his call, "Hurry and get ready. You want to keep a girl waiting for you on your first date? Wrong move, dude." He nagged.

Pretty sure Gulf was rolling his eyes because Mew heard him sighing, "You should have stayed the night so you can kick my ass of the bed. Now you can't." He mocked Mew for not being there to nag around like a mom.

"That's why I call. Get up, Gulf." His voice was stern, annoying Gulf that made the other guy grunted at the end of the line.

"You're so annoying!" Gulf spat, crafting a smile across Mew's face.

Mew wished he was there to see Gulf fighting for his comforter when Mew pulled it from covering his body. He chuckled, "Should I come and kick your ass for real?" He threatened.

"Ugh... No? You'll be having a date yourself, you should be getting ready too!" Gulf retorted. His voice was muffled, clearly he had his head under the pillow.

"Want to get ready together?" Mew offered.

"What do you mean?"

"Video call while showering?"