Chapter 7

By lunch time, Mew took Gulf to the place he had a first date with his boyfriend like they had planned. Mew drove them with his car like usual. The pale guy laughed because Gulf's stomach was growling loudly while they were stuck in the traffic.

"Ugh, should have gone there this morning!" Gulf protested to no one but himself. He was the one who woke up late and suggested that they had breakfast at his dorm first. But turned out, he had nothing edible in his fridge. There was no intant noodle or whatsoever. They had to share one carton of milk which only could fill one glass.

"Yeah, I told you so." Mew retorted and the other guy could only huffed in annoyance. He couldn't blame Mew for that. "The traffic is pretty crazy." He mumbled and replied by a hum from the person sitting on the passanger seat.

"It's crazy how everyone think alike, though. Why can't they just grab their lunch at their office or campus, huh? Why would they drive their car to get lunch??" Gulf ranted non-stop because he hated traffic so much. That was the reason why Mew was always the one driving when they hung out.

"Please, you are one of them." Mew rolled his eyes lazily.

"Yeah, I'm stuck here because the new place you're suggesting is located a little bit too far from our neighbourhood." Gulf clucked his tongue as he directed the air conditioner towards him, "And I finally know why having a simple breakfast could cost you two classes in a row." His sarcasm had always got Mew laughing in the end.

"Yeah, it costs your nap during classes too. Thanks." Mew teased how Gulf woke up the whole morning class just to write down notes for him. Honestly a little thing like that was what made Mew unable to forget his feeling towards the other guy.

"Then, you pay the lunch." Gulf suggested. It was more like an order though.

Mew nodded in agreement, "Okay, it's on me."

Gulf and Mew ended up doing carpool karaoke with Gulf's grumbling stomach. He was so damn hungry even though he had eaten crackers that had been long-forgotten in the backseat.

Mew had a really nice voice and Gulf was always the one who ruined the songs with his squeaking voice whenever he sang. But Mew didn't mind because he was more than happy to spend his time like this with the other guy. Even he felt like this was more fun than the date he had with Tar.

He shook his head mentally. No, he should never compare his boyfriend and his best friend, because it wouldn't be fair for both, especially his boyfriend. Suddenly he felt like a terrible person.

Gulf caught his sudden silent, so he nudged Mew's upper arm, "Are you that hungry that you become mute?" Gulf smirked teasingly, but he could read how serious Mew's face was, so he changed his question, "What's wrong?"

They were singing and laughing two minutes ago but Mew had a change of mood out of nowhere. "Did I annoy you in any way?" Gulf was worried. He admitted that he could be annoying and an asshole sometimes.

Mew weakly shook his head, but he still refused to talk. Gulf leaned off as he rested his weight onto his seat, "I have told you that you're somehow being secretive towards me," That made Mew turned his head to him, "And this is... this is just how secretive you've become. You don't tell me anything lately, including this, when something is bugging you. I can be a help you know... We're... We're best friend, remember?"

Mew went a tiny bit paler than he already was. He hated himself for making Gulf plastering a hurtful face like this. "I'm sorry, Gulf. It's just... I.. I keep comparing you with Tar." He told the other guy truthfully.

Gulf raised his thick brows in bemusement, "And what do you think? Is he more fun than I am?" His words tasted bitter even to himself.

"No... No... of course you're more fun. And that's why I feel guilty." Mew nipped his bottom lip as he hung his head a bit lower, the guilt was crawling under his skin.