Chapter 1

I can't believe mum and dad fucking sent me here. Who lives in Australia? People who eat kangaroos, that's who.

I message my mum telling her I'm off the plane and think about how funny it is that they had to send me to live with my aunt because of my "anger issues" as they say.

I grab all my stuff from the back of the cab and look at my my aunts house with my mouth hanging wide open.

She told me her house was big. I didn't think she meant a fucking mansion! Her white house with several floors is surrounded by high hedges and a huge black metal gate.

I walk up to the gate and press the buzzer letting her know I'm here.

"Hello?" She says with a thick Australian accent.

"It's your favourite nephew." I say with sarcasm in my voice.

"Hero!" She squealed and presses a button that granted me access into the front garden. In a few seconds she was running out the door in heels that were at least 6 inches. How the fuck is she not falling over and breaking her neck?

"Ohhhh how I've missed you!" She exclaims and hugs me tightly.

"Yeah, yeah missed you too Betty." I mutter. She pulls away after a few seconds and starts walking inside explaining how much I've grown since the last time I saw her.

When I walk inside I see a huge hallway with light blue walls with paintings covering them.

We walk further down and I see a huge living room with 2 couches, a huge coffee table and a gigantic flat screen tv on the wall.

"Woah.." I say..

"Oh this is nothing compared to the other houses in this area." She tells me.

"I bet.." I say sarcastically.

She gives me a tour of the rest of her "house" and I wonder how in the hell i'm going to remember where anything is around here.

She shows my to my room and leaves me alone to unpack my stuff and get everything settled in.

After I unpack everything I find my way to the living room and explain to Betty that I'm going out to look around.

She tells me not to be out to late and to call her if I have any trouble. I walk out the door and put my earbuds in and walk around the neighbourhood aimlessly.

After walking around for about half an hour I see a girl about my age climbing up a tree and sitting down on one of the branches. Her back is turned to me so I stand there and watch to see what she's doing.

She shifts around so she's comfortable and digs a book out of the backpack she has with her. I can't see what it is from here but I do wonder why she's in a tree of all places.

She tries to move around once more but loses her balance and starts to fall.

Shit.

I run up to where she's about to fall and hold my arms out to catch her. She yelps when I catch her and she turns to look at me, embarrassment covering her face.

We hold eye contact for a few seconds and I realise how beautiful her eyes are. They're a bright blue colour. I realise what I'm doing and I put her down.

"I erm.. I should go.." I say awkwardly, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Thanks for saving me.." she laughs awkwardly..

I nodded and walked away, hoping I could find my way back to Betty's house. My house now.

Once I arrived home about an hour later, dinner was ready so I ate my food and said goodnight to my aunt and told her I was tired and wanted to get an early start for tomorrow since I started school then.

I took a shower and lied down on my bed, but I couldn't sleep. All I could think about was that girl was that I saved from the tree.