Chapter 3

On Friday around 10pm, my phone pings and I see a message from Jo. I smile and check it.

Sorry I haven't replied. I've been sick.

It's ok. Are you feeling better? I ask.

Yeah. Wanna call?

I go to her contact and press the call button, almost instantly she picks up.

J) "Hey.." she says weakly.

H) "Hi.. are you sure you're ok? You don't really sound it."

J)"I'm fine Hero. I'm just a little sick right now, but I'm fine." She snaps.

H) "I was just asking.. Sorry." The fuck is her problem?

J)"No.. I'm sorry. The medicine I'm taking makes my temper go weird." She laughs.

H)"Really?" I gasp. "Never would've guessed." I say sarcastically.

J)"So what's my knight in shining armour been up to?"

H)"Well since my damsel in distress left me for four days, I've had to find friends myself. I started hanging out with Jake but it's not as fun as hanging out with you." Shit.. the worlds came out before I could stop them.

J)"Awww.. you missing me then?" She asks with a giggle.

H)"Yeah.. Did you miss me?"

J)"Me? Miss you?! I could never!" She says sarcastically. "Course I did." She laughs.

H)"Awww" I mock her.

J)"Ok, ok, I get it Hero. My Hero." She giggles.

H)"Are you saying I'm yours, Josephine?" I try not to smile but it breaks through.

J)"I just meant.. because- you... fuck.." she laughs. "I meant because you saved me." I laugh.

H)"Yeah yeah.. course you did." I laugh again.

J)"I did! Shut up!!" She exclaims.

I check the time and it's basically 11. I hear her yawning and I ask her if she wants me to go so she can sleep.

J)"Hero? Do you maybe wanna.. nevermind it's dumb.."

H)"What?"

J)"Nothing.."

H)"Just tell me."

H)"I was wondering if you could stay on the line until I fall asleep.. but it's dumb I shouldn't have-"

H)"Of course I will." I cut her off.

J)"Thanks."

We talk until she doesn't reply and I end up falling asleep myself.

I wake up in the morning and see that I'm still on the call with her. I hang up and go take a shower.

About an hour later I get out of the shower and go back to my room to get dressed. I use the towel to dry my hair when I get a message from Jo asking if I want to hang out.

Sure. I reply.

Your house or mine? I ask.

Yours if that's ok?

It's fine. What time will you be here? I ask her.

11?

Ok, see you then :) I send.

I check the time and see it's 10:13 now so I go find Betty to tell her I'm having a friend over.

"That's ok dear." She smiles, "I'm glad your making friends."