Chapter 7

Friends. Just friends.

Those two words have been echoing in my mind for the past day. Jo has called me repeatedly leaving voicemails and messages saying she was sorry that she led me on or some shit. I didn't listen to the voicemails all the way through and I started ignoring her messages.

Why should I respond to her? She obviously only fucking cares about herself.

I sigh and move around on my bed. As I begin to fall asleep my phone pings and I have a message from Jake.

You coming to the party?

There's a party? I ask him.

Yeah dude, my place at 9. I'll come get you

See you then I send and get up to go take a shower.

'What if Jo's there?' I think to myself. Nah, she wouldn't be. She doesn't have anybody to hang out with  there. I've only seen her hang out with two people other than me since I got here.

I get out of the shower and get dressed. By the time I reach my room, I'm drying my hair with a towel and see Jake on my bed.

He looks up from his phone, "There you are. Thought you left." He says.

"Nope. I'm here." I mumble.

"Let's go then." He nods and walks out of my room.

We walk down the stairs and as leave I hear Betty telling me to be careful.

I get into the passenger seat of Jakes car and he drives to his house.

-.-.-.-.-.-

When we arrive the house is crowded and I can barely enter through the door.

"Hey erm, I'll be right back dude." Jake pats my shoulder and walks away going wherever the hell he's going.

I stand in the middle of the living room. Very, very awkwardly hoping that somebody I know will appear and talk to me.

"Hero?" A familiar Australian voice asks.

Fuck.

I turn around to see Jo. She's wearing high waisted blue jeans with rips in them and a black tube top. Her arms aren't as bad as they were that day at her house, but they're still there.

I ball my fists and turn around to walk away from her.

"No! Hero, wait!" She begins to speed walk after me and I continue to push my way through the ever lasting crowd.

"Hero stop." She grabs my arm practically yells at me.

I turn around and face her. She's standing directly in front of me with her arms now crossed and she looks flustered.

"What the fuck do you want Josephine?" I ask, my voice raised so she can hear me over the booming music.

"I want you to stop acting like a fucking child. So what if I didn't fucking kiss you? You should have bigger things to worry about." Shes now waving her hands around, she's obviously furious with me and I try my hardest not to laugh.

"Like what?" I ask, eyebrows raised.

"Well you would've found out earlier if you stayed underneath my fucking bed." She grits her teeth.