Chapter Five

Nakiirn didn't move, in fact it seemed like he was frozen. There was a slow, deep breath that came next. It shuddered in his chest, almost like he was nervous. As I pulled away, an apology on my lips, he caught me with a hand behind my head, keeping me in place. The chair he'd been sitting in scraped across the floor as he leaned across the table, bringing us closer. His mouth was warm against mine, returning my kiss but with far more force than my gentle touch.

His kiss steadily turned deeper, stealing my breath. Then he pulled away suddenly. He looked somewhat startled as he stood straight. "I... forgive me. I simply reacted," he replied and his smooth, pale skin turned a light shade of red. It was cute to see him like that, and I gave him a small smile.

"Then why did you stop?" I asked, my breathing becoming more erratic as I looked at his soft lips, still longing to have them touch me. I leaned on the table, trying to get a bit closer to him as I watched what he'd do next.

Nakiirn took my shoulders and pushed gently to keep me in my seat. "I want to, believe me. But you do not know anything of where you are. Nor do you understand anything of your situation. I am a dragon, which has many meanings, Eoin. Many that I'm not sure you're ready for. This... this is not a one-time thing, it is permanent. Or rather... it will be once you understand."

"I don't want it to be a one time thing." I told him as I crossed my arms, pouting at him. Why did he have to push me away like that? It hurt a bit when he did. Getting up, I walked around the table over to him, took his shirt and pulled him down to my level, gently pressing my lips against his again.

Nakiirn wrapped his arms around my waist. He returned the soft kiss, but not as fiercely as he'd done before. "You still have much to learn," he said after he'd pulled away from that short kiss. "Because this isn't going to be a one-time thing. Ever. Dragons mate for life, Eoin. One love. There can never be anyone else. We've only just met, but I've felt the pull in my essence. It gets stronger by the day. In the meantime, you should do some research," he offered with a smile. "Learn about your new found attraction to a dragon."

I heard what he said, but it didn't register. That strange feeling was pulling so much at me that the only thing I could think about was how badly I wanted him, and only him. I couldn't think, and I didn't want to either. I just... wanted him. I looked up at him, hoping he would do something.

He simply smiled and shook his head. "You need to learn first," he reiterated. But the feeling wasn't subsiding, and I had to pull myself away all together to be able to contain it.

"Fine." I told him in a low voice and grabbed my books. If he wasn't going to let me, I needed to leave, though I had learned my lesson and wasn't about to leave the room. I did however have to move away from Nakiirn as to not lose control of myself.

I heard him moving through the library. What he was doing, I didn't know. After some time though, he brought me a pile of books. He seated himself across from me. "Histories," he said softly. "I could sum them up for you, if you like."

"Sure." I told him simply, still a bit annoyed from before.

"I've not seen a human pout before. It's rather enduring," he commented. "I told you it's not a one-time thing. That didn't mean it stops here and now. It just means we need more time. To get to know one another, learn. More importantly for you to understand us. Dragon's have two fathers, Eoin. One human, and one draconic. The dragon's have a natural instinct to bond with a very specific human. When that human is close to them, they can feel it in their essence. Essence is our power.

"That pull to bond with the human grows by the day. Once it is strong enough, we will bond. With that, you will be awash with my power. It will be unlike anything you've ever experienced before. Along with that, you will be marked -a special one that appears on your skin and is unique to you only. My essence will also lengthen your life. You can enjoy many things with me that you cannot do as you are right now. My pool of essence, for example, would kill you should you touch it right now. After we bond, you will be able to share it with me.