Chapter Nine

It's been seven days since I became Alpha and the only thing I have been doing is what Ember likes to call "Alpha duties", I haven't seen Ember much the past few days with me working on things for the pack while Ember has been planning our wedding and her presenting to the pack. But today we managed to do our work in our kitchen to at least be near each other while we are busy doing our things.

"Wedding planning is so hard!" Ember raised her voice before putting her head down on the table, "Love you have some time before the day, take a break before that beautiful head of yours explodes" I say grabbing her hand. "They told me the date it has to happen today... I have no time to rest" she says not bothering to pick her head up, "When is it?" I ask "June 13th" my eyes go wide "Are you serious?" I ask and this time she lifts her head "As a heart attack".

"Is there any chance that I could help?" I ask "You have to worry about the pack, I'll be okay" she says going back to work "I'm done for the night so let me help you" I say putting my chair next to hers, "What do you have so far?" looking at all the papers in front of her then at the screen of her laptop. "Well, I have the venue since there is no other choice of where to have it, the flowers are sacred flowers of the pack, the food, all the decorations" she says "Okay, what do you have left?" I ask.

"Bridesmaids, my dress... oh my god I don't have a dress" she quite literally facepalms "I don't have a dress, we don't have rings... I have everything planned out and of course, the aspects that take the longest we don't have"  I could feel how upset she was "It's okay we'll get it figured out but tonight you need to take a break" I stand up and grab her hand then lead her upstairs, "Ryan I have too much to worry about" she says "Love tomorrow is the eleventh and for what you have already gotten done in seven days, you have plenty of time to worry about that stuff but right now you need to rest before you stress yourself out too much" I say making her lay down in bed next to me since we changed shortly after dinner to make it easier on ourselves.

"I need to figure out who my bridesmaids are and you need to figure out your groomsmen honey" she says looking up at me, I sit there and think for a minute "Well I'm sure you want Hazel to be one of them," I say and she nods "Yeah but Hazel is the only female that I'm close with" she says "Who says you had to have all women next to you" I say and she looked at me "You're right" she smiles "I was thinking about asking Erik... Caleb to be my best man" I say " And I was thinking about asking Jake to be my...Brides...man? I don't know the correct term" she says making both of us laugh.

"I think that's a great idea" I say smiling down at her "Well that leaves me with two and you with one... who else would you have?" she asks "I was thinking about Mark, I meant to tell you this before but Mark is my uncle" I say and she looks at me "I know... you know we live in a very small pack, everyone knows everything and everybody" she says and I laugh " You got me there" I say before kissing her forehead.  "Go to sleep love" I say with my lips pressed against her head and she cuddles into my chest more, "We'll figure everything out tomorrow okay?" I ask as she closes her eyes "Okay" she smiles a little bit and I hug her tighter feeling her fall asleep quickly.

She's right we don't have rings, she doesn't have a dress, I don't have a tux, my groomsmen need tuxes, Hazel needs a bridesmaid dress, Jake needs a tux... oh my god now I understand why Ember is freaking out. Well, I am Alpha so I'm sure I could figure something out.

I stressed out before finally falling asleep myself.

I woke up the next morning in bed alone I rolled over grabbing my  phone to see a text from Ember,

"Hey sorry you had to wake up by yourself but I woke up early and called Hazel and Jake to be in the wedding. They said yes and we all three of us are out buying dresses and a tux. Have a good day and I'll text you later" 

I smile since she's getting a dress, God she's gonna look so beautiful in whatever dress she gets... I'm gonna cry, aren't I?

I get ready for the day then head to my office and called Mark 

"Hey kiddo what's up?" he asks "Hey um can you come to my office... I need to talk to you about a few things" I ask him "Yeah I'll be there in a few minutes" he says "Okay" I say before hanging up, I finish the paperwork I was working on last night the paperwork being the responses from the Alphas of the packs we have made peace with saying that they will be attending the wedding as well as their mates. 

"What's going on?" Mark asks when he walks into my office "Wedding stuff" I say as he sits down in the chair in front of my desk "What does this have to do with me?" He asks "I want you to be my best man" I say to him and he smiles "Damn I'm not a girl but that's enough to make a grown man cry" he says and I laugh "So?" I ask "Of course, why the hell would I say yes?" he asks laughing himself.

"Okay, another thing... The wedding is in a few days, I don't have a tux and we don't have rings. It's easy to find a tux but rings, not so much" I say leaning back in my chair, he stays silent for a minute then looks at me with a smirk "What?" I furrow my eyebrows at him "I think I have exactly what you need... come with me" he says standing up and I start walking with him.

He leads me to my parents' old room "When you're mother married your father they wore their rings for a while until you were born because she wanted to keep her ring safe... she said that the minute she saw you she knew that you were going to marry a woman so great for not only you but for the pack and the ring signifies that greatness and that she didn't feel worthy of the greatness of the ring." he walked to the closet and pulled out a safe that I didn't know existed.

"And you're father well he did anything for her and put his ring in with hers and they bought cheap ones from a pawnshop." he says pulling his keys out of his pocket "And I've never known about this because?" I ask as he unlocks the safe "She wanted to do this herself but she gave me a key in case something happened to her." he pulls a velvet bag out of the safe and opens it then hands it to me.

I take a small black box out of the bag then open the box to see a plain silver band with a ring with an oval diamond with a few smaller diamonds on the sides of it. "Those rings have been in your family for a hundred years" he says making me look up "Damn my mom was smart as hell... this ring is perfect." I say making Mark smile "This is Ember's personality made into a ring" I say making the two of us laugh. "Thank you" I say before hugging him "You're parents would have been so proud of you" he says "Okay now you're gonna make me cry" I say with a laugh, "Alright we need to go get you a tux" he says we head to the shop that I had bought my tux a few weeks ago. 

The next few days are going to be very interesting.