Chapter Fourteen

Once we all made it to Ryan and I's bedroom, Ryan had gently placed me onto our bed before pulling the covers over my legs.

"Ember can you tell us what the hell happened?" Mark asks me sitting on the edge of the bed and starts looking at all of my wounds, "I had gotten a message from Harry saying that the paperwork I had sent him a few days ago was incomplete. So I went to my office to finish them but Eddy and Rina attacked me" I say as Mark takes a look at my head and I could feel the blood run down my face. 

"I didn't send that message" Harry says "I realize that now" Mark puts a bandage on the cut, "They said something that I can't get over though" I mumbled, "What did they say?" Ryan asks seeming angry.

"They said that they know exactly who I am...and they wanted me dead for it" I say look down at my hands "The hell is that supposed to mean?" Ryan asks looking at Mark and Harry for an answer "Wait who's your father?"Mark asks and I freeze up "Steven James" Harry says making me look at him quickly "How did you know?" I ask him and feel tears fill my eyes.

"I am the pack elder, I know everything" he says with a smile while I furrow my brows at him "But there's maybe... ten people in this world that know who my father is" I say while Mark examines my neck "Steven James? I've never met a Steven James in this pack?" he says and I look at Harry cause I have a feeling he knows the truth.

"That is because he is not apart of this pack" He says making Mark and Ryan whip their heads towards him "What?" Ryan asks him "Steven James was in the Black ridge pack" he says and they all look at me "Is that true?" he asks me and I feel the tears fall out of my eyes to just pour down my cheeks, "How is that possible?" Ryan asks looking at us frantically "I thought first time mates usually come from the same pack" he says and I wipe my tears.

I'm going to have to be the one to explain everything...Pull yourself together Ember

"My parents weren't mates, My dad had met his mate but she got pregnant the first time  and he freaked out. He and my mom were friends from high school, they had an affair for years and my mom got pregnant with me. She told him and he thought it was best that for him to not be in my life and he stayed with his mate and they're two kids" I say after a deep breathe.

"You have siblings?" Mark asks and I nod "Wait his last name is James...and he's from Black ridge" Ryan says to himself 

Oh god he just figured it out.

"Caleb and Jacob are your brothers?" he asks with wide eyes making me nod "Why the hell didn't you tell me?" he asks getting mad and steps away from the bed "I couldn't" I say as my voice breaks "Yes you could Ember" he says louder this time making me cry harder "She couldn't tell anyone Ryan, this kind of information is extremely dangerous" Harry says sternly.

"Outside now" Mark says getting off of the bed grabbing Ryan by the arm and drag him out into the hallway, once the door closes Harry comes over to the bed and grabs my hand "He is just overwhelmed my dear. You are his mate he can feel what you feel right now and that is just how he is reacting" he says and I wipe my tears away with my free hand as I nod.

"How did you know about my father?" I ask calming down a slight bit "I'll explain everything when Ryan comes back" he says "Okay" I say wiping more tears "Ember, you went through a lot today, I would tell you that it gets easier but that wouldn't be the truth. It will get harder from here" he says making my eyes widen.

What does he mean by that? I was almost murdered today how much harder can it possibly get?

               Ryan's P.O.V

Mark dragged me into the hallway "What the fuck is wrong with you?" he asks looking pissed "She should have told me about her family, I told her about mine" I argue back "Ryan did you stop to think how embarrassing it must be for her to have parents that weren't mates. And they came from different packs which is so much worse, information like that is incredibly dangerous and today proved that" he said and it hit me like a ton of bricks 

I majorly fucked up.

"Shit you're right" I say running my hand through my hair "Your mate was attacked, you feel what she feels emotionally. You are just handling it differently than she is" he says and I nod "Yeah she's a hell of a lot stronger than I am...more than I ever could be" I say with a sigh.

"Ryan you need to be careful with her for a while, what she went through today was tramautizing. She was almost killed but ended up killing them in self defense and she became a full fleged werewolf today, something that hasn't happened in this pack in over a hundred years let alone a woman. Do you know how rare it is for a female to go through the change?" he asks and I shake my head "That's because there was only two before her since the twelfth century" he says and my eyes widen.

"She also needs to rest, she's going to be sore as hell in the morning after what happened today" he says and I nod "My Epsilon and my ex girlfriends dead bodies are in my wifes' office right now" I say "I'll get that taken care of for you" he says "Thank you".

"My Epsilon...the peace keeper of this pack...tried to kill my wife today" I say and his eyes widen "What the fuck? That can't be right...we need to look into that" he says putting his hand on the door knob "Ready to go back in?" he asks and I nod before he opens the door.

We walk in to see Harry holding Ember's hand while she has tears running down her face "Oh love I am so sorry" I say rushing over to her side and wrap her in my arms "It's okay" she mumbles "No it's not I shouldn't have reacted the way I did" I kiss the top of her head "I love you" she says gently with a little sniffle at the end "I love you too" I whisper to her.

"Guy we need to discuss some information before our situation becomes worse" Harry says after moving to sit at the end of the bed "What do you mean worse? Today was already hell how could it possibly get worse?" I ask him "You'll know when I explain" he says firmly and Ember moves over towards the center of the bed allowing me to sit on the edge next to her.

"This is going to take a while so everyone get comfortable" he says and Mark takes a seat in one of the chairs we have in the room, "It all started in the twelfth century back to the very first werewolf in history Laignech Faelad, Ember he is your ancestor and you are apart of a thousand year old legend" he says and both mine and Embers' eyes widen.

Oh damn, this is a long story.