The Meaning Behind her Fear

Scarlett Denuit was quite simply put, a sociopath. She held no regard for human life. Akai Uchiha on the other hand was the result of a sociopath forced into a body of someone who wasn't.

And so she had no idea what to do with her emotions.

It wasn't as simple as she thought to get rid of them.

"You attacked Konoha because you were scared." He seemed to repeat, not even as a question.

"Why?"

Akai grit her teeth.

"Because..." she choked the words out, "I don't want to be forgotten."

No one remembered her as an Uchiha. They didn't even seem to care about her heritage! It was all about Sasuke and Naruto. Hell, even Kakashi seemed to neglect her!

"I'm tired of being forgotten."

And she wasted her first life.

She could've done so much! But she didn't. Why? Because she couldn't bring herself to even care.

She was afraid now that she knew the pain of death and Scarlett never wanted to experience it again.

"I don't want to be forgotten." She found herself whispering. "I don't want to waste it...not again. Never again..."

Scarlett shouldn't have dismissed her life. She should've dealt with her boredom properly and actually have done something with her potential.

She didn't.

And now Akai Uchiha had to pay.

Scarlett Denuit wasn't afraid of anything, or so she thought. Only at the moments of death did she discover her one and only fear:

Dying alone and forgotten.

She had done it once, she wouldn't do it again.

She still remembered how no one came looking for her.

Hashirama glanced at her thoughtfully, unsure what to surmise of her.

She was unstable, that was evident.

"What do you plan on doing now?"

It was Tobirama who spoke next. Hashirama smiled at his younger brother's antics, surely the younger of the two Senju was already coming up with a plan.

"I won't show any mercy to anyone who threatens Konoha." He continued warningly.

Akai couldn't help but smile bitterly.

"Of course."

She wisely masked her mocking tone.

Akai didn't want to be killed, a fate that Tobirama could undoubtedly condemn her to by his own hand.

"I," she sighed tiredly, her plans had been abruptly tossed aside and now she was left to start from scratch, "I-I want to leave this place...and find my purpose in this world I suppose..."

What was she meant to do? Why was she reborn here? It didn't make any sense. Akai shouldn't be here. She shouldn't even exist.

She needed to know why.

There was a silence.

"Very well."

It was Hashirama who spoke this time, with a tone of finality.

"You will leave Konoha and never attack it again." Tobirama added as he glanced at Hashirama with a huff. "We will escort you on your travels to insure that Konoha will remain unharmed."

Terrific. Her mouth went dry, I have babysitters.

This was her own doing, she supposed.

"I don't have a choice." She blinked, half-amused.

"No," Hashirama agreed with a slight laugh, "you don't."

His positivity was sickening.

"Why don't you just kill me?"

"Do you want to die?"

"No." Akai answered quickly, maybe a little too quickly, "I don't want to die."

"Then don't waste your breath on stupid questions."

Akai blinked, stunned.

"What my brother means to say is, well," Hashirama interjected smoothly, "is that we'll help you."

"Why?"

She was confused now.

Why would they want to help her? She murdered their student. She used them as tools to commit murder.

"I don't understand." She stated bluntly, "I am a bad person. I killed him—-I killed Grandpa."

Why would they help her?

There was a silence.

"Oh."

Of course. They didn't want to help her, they wanted to try fixing her!

"I see now." She smirked, "that makes more sense—-yes, that's it!" Scarlett whispered to herself.

She laughed.

It was a horribly hollow sound.

"You don't care—-how could you?" Scarlett giggled, "you want to try and fix me!"

It was just like before! Mrs Denuit paying for therapist after therapist to try and rid her daughter from her oddity. To try and cure her like she had some illness! Some disease!

Scarlett realized now that she was sobbing hysterically.

"T-there's n-nothing wrong w-with m-me!" She insisted, "e-everyone always t-tried to f-fix me...they n-never wanted to h-help...!"

Akai was crying.

Scarlett was hyperventilating.

They blacked out.