Night XVII

Eunice POV
Shortly after the nightmare I had, I was assigned a guard named Howard Link by the Vatican. Apparently, I was too untrustworthy to be left on my own because my sister is a Noah. At least he doesn't sleep in the same room as me. He stays in the one across mine.

As I sat in my table and ate my lunch, my right eye suddenly activated.

"AKUMA," I shouted as I jumped over the table and ran as fast as I could with two spots and Bookman following shortly behind me.

When I reached the entrance to the science division, there was a huge – I don't know what it is or what to call it – blocking the entrance so I took a detour through one of the secret passageways that the headquarters had to get inside.

I arrived just in time before Reever got killed by a skull-faced creature. I jumped in between them and slashed it with my claw.

I looked around and saw hundreds of AKUMAs and three Noahs, and one of them was Ellen.

Ellen's POV
Getting inside the Black Order's hideout was, unsurprisingly, dull, and easy.

"Their security sucks," Road commented.

"Don't we know it," I yawned. "Lulu bell has been in here for approximately a week and no one has noticed. Although things are, hopefully, going to become more interesting with the arrival of the exorcists."

"You sure they would notice us being here?" Road asked.

"We brought AKUMA along with us. Eunice was cursed to be able to sense them," I deadpanned.

"Right. Forgot about that," Road intoned.

"Enemy attack alert."

As if summoned, Eunice arrived with Bookman and a man who I do not recognize – although from the uniform he was wearing I would guess he works for the Central branch.

'What is one of those bastards doing here?' I thought as I narrowed my eyes. I watched as he stayed relatively close to Eunice while she battled.

'Oh gosh.' I thought as I realized what a member of the CROW was doing here.

Road grinned dementedly as she joined the battlefield. She looked back to where Lulu bell and I were standing.

"Aren't you two coming?" Road asked.

Lulu bell shook her head.

"In a minute," I replied.

"Alright then," Road exclaimed as she skipped to where Bookman is.

"You're worried about her aren't you?" Lulu bell suddenly asked.

"Kinda. You know what those bastards are like. What they did to me?" I exclaimed as tears poured from my eyes.

Lulu bell said nothing more and just patted me on the shoulder.