Summer's A Bitch

I slowly make my way through the doors and look around at the lobby. The place had definitely changed a lot since I've last been here.

I make my way to the receptionist when I hear a squeal and look up from my phone. I'm immediately being crushed by a figure.

I take a step back and do a double take when I see who it is.

"Ahh omg. I can't believe you're standing here right now" said the person very excitedly.

"I can't believe you still work here. I thought you would've left when you got married."

"I left but only for my maternity leave. Talking about kids congratulations on your three kids. When Jake told me you guys got back together and that you had babies I was extremely happy for you too. You look phenomenal by the way it doesn't even seem like you had three kids."

"Well thank you and congrats on your baby as well. I though I'd stop by and give Jake a nice little surprised."

"Oh right well I'm that case go on up and get that man of yours." She hugs me and starts making her way back to the reception and I make my way towards the elevators.

But before I can make it I hear Taylor speak before leaving.

"I'm really glad you and Jake are getting your happy ending after so many years" and with that she smiles and walks back to her work station.

I make my way to the elevator before hitting the 30th floor. After the elevator starts moving I can't help but feel anxious about seeing Jake. I immediately start thinking if it's going to be a scene like in the books where the secretary doesn't let me go in and starts getting crazy with me before Jake shows up to stop the potential girl fight.

I hear a ding and I make my way out the elevator towards the secretary. She's currently on the phone so I decide to wait instead of bargain in.

She hangs up and looks at me with a warm smile.

"Hi! How can I help you today?"

"Umm hi... I was wondering if Jake was busy and if I could go in his office?" I say it more like a question.

When she was about to say something I open my mouth to speak again.

"No I don't have an appointment but I am his wife?" I intended for it to be a statement but it came out more like a question.

"I know who you are Mrs.Parker Taylor called me and informed me that you were coming up so their wouldn't be no miss understandings" she said with a warm smile.

"But right now Jake is currently in a meeting but it should be over soon. If you'd like you can wait in his office? If that's comfortable with you ma'am?"

"Yeah that's fine. Well thank you very much Ms......?" I ask sticking out my hand.

"Oh sorry Mrs.Green, Samantha Green" she says going for the hand shake.

I make my way towards his office and take a deep breath before opening it.

As I open the door I immediately feel the warmth of the room engulf me. I make my way to his chair and sit on it and I just have to say this is the soft and most comfiest chair I've ever sat on. I should probably ask Jake where he got it to get myself one for the office.

I look at his desk and I feel my smile creep up on me. He has pictures of the kids on his desk and also pictures of me alone and him and I together. Picking up the picture of our wedding I feel sadness looking at it.

I feel a tear slid down my cheek and as I go to wipe it the office door opens and in walks a sexy man that I'm happy to call mine.

Jake has a frown on his face but at soon as he seems me he immediately starts smiling like a little kid.