Chapter 8 - The Date

The next day Reign was sitting at breakfast when her owl delivered an envelope with a red seal on it.

"Who's that from?" Emaline asked as she ate her muffin.

Reign shook her head as she opened the envelope, "No idea."

"Well, go on!" Peter spoke through a mouthful of scrambled eggs, "Read it out!"

"Dear Dwyer," she read, "I wanted to extend an invitation to dinner with me tonight.... Sincerely, Adam." She frowned in confusion, "Adam?"

"Urquhart!" Peter whispered, nodding to where the quidditch captain sat with his friends.

He was looking over at Reign hopefully.

She smiled, glanced at her friends and then mouthed the word 'yes' in his direction.

He grinned, pumping his fist into the air and his friends high-fived him. She laughed, shaking her head.

"What have I gotten myself into?" she sighed, setting the envelope down.

"Oh this is going to be so much fun! We can get you all dressed up," Emaline squealed, "He's quite good looking. You're going to have so much fun."

Reign groaned, "I haven't been on a proper date since-"

Her friends got quiet for a moment, knowing she meant Cedric.

"You know what?" she said, standing up, "You're right. This will be fun. C'mon, this calls for a trip to Hogsmeade. A girl can't go on a proper date without a new outfit."

"Now that I can get behind," Clara grinned, standing up and following her out of the Great Hall.

• • •

When the four of them got to Hogsmeade Clara lead them straight to her favorite dress shop, Gladrags Wizardwear. Emaline's eyes widened when they walked in.

"They're all so beautiful!" she exclaimed, "Oh Reign, what about this pink one?"

Reign smiled, "It's not quite my style, but it would look gorgeous on you."

"What about this yellow?" Clara held up a short canary colored dress.

Reign shook her head, "Yellow's your color. It would wash me out."

She searched through the shelves for a while, finally deciding on a blue dress with cutout shoulders.

"This one," she smiled, "This is it."

Peter nodded in approval, "I like it."

Once she had paid for the dress and a pair of black heels she and her friends headed back towards Hogwarts.

"I think this is just what I needed to distract me from-" Reign stopped; she had been about to say Draco, "classes."

Clara nodded, "You're going to look amazing."

"Thanks," she smiled, "Wild what a new dress can do, really. Half and hour in Hogsmeade and I'm all set for tonight."

"What about your hair?" Emaline asked.

Reign frowned and touched her long blonde curls, "Whats wrong with my hair?"

"Well nothing, of course," Emaline said quickly, "But I could do it for you! I'm very good at it."

Peter rolled his eyes, "She's been practicing on my hair since we were kids. That's why I finally cut it short."

"You with long hair?" Clara laughed, "I can't imagine. Emaline's right though, she is quite good at things like that."