Chapter 6 - The Book

"She hasn't gotten out of bed since we got back from class," Clara's voice was barely audible from out in the corridor.

"Do you think it has something to do with her lesson with Snape today?" Emaline sounded concerned.

"Woah, hold on. Why is she taking lessons from Snape?" Peter asked.

Reign knew she shouldn't be listening in on their conversation, but it was about her after all.

"Let's ask if she wants to come to dinner," Emaline suggested.

"Good idea, eating makes everyone feel better."

"I think that might just be you Peter," Clara laughed.

Reign heard the door open and sighed.

"Hey," Emaline whispered gently, sitting down at the end of her bed, "How are you feeling?"

"We're going to dinner if you want to come," Clara added.

Reign forced a smile, "Thank you, but I'm fine, really. Just exhausted from D.A.D.A. today."

Emaline and Clara exchanged a glance, clearly not convinced.

Peter frowned, "Want us to bring you back some food? You should eat something."

Reign shook her head, "You're sweet, but I'm alright."

He shrugged, "Alright, suit yourself."

Emaline placed a hand on Reign's leg and patted it gently, "Let us know if you need anything."

She nodded and Clara smiled at her before turning to follow the others out into the corridor. Reign was about to roll over and try to get some sleep when she heard Clara speak, followed by a familiar voice outside her door.

"What do you want Draco?" Clara snapped at him.

"Is Reign here?" he asked, "She left her D.A.D.A book in class."

"No, she's not here," Clara told him, "And even if she was I doubt she'd want to talk to you."

Reign stood up and walked over to the door, opening it hesitantly, "Clara it's okay."

Her friend gave her a concerned glance but nodded, moving past Draco, "Let us know if he's bothering you."

She nodded and turned to go back into her room, sitting down on her bed.

"What do you want, Draco?" she echoed Clara's earlier question.

"You left this in Snape's classroom," he held the book out to her.

She took it and set it on the night stand next to her bed, "Thanks."

He seemed to hesitate for a moment before asking, "Are you alright? You seemed right shaken up after our lesson."

She stared at him, trying to figure out why he was being so nice. It wasn't his job to check up on her... unless Snape has sent him. That didn't seem likely though, and besides Draco had actually sounded genuinely concerned. Maybe she had been too hard on him earlier.

"I'm fine," she shrugged.

He rolled his eyes, "I'm trying to help, but my patience won't last long if you keep lying to me."

"I never asked you to help me," she snapped, crossing her arms and glaring at him.

"Well I didn't either," he shot back, holding up his hand which she had fixed a few months earlier.

She sighed and looked away, realizing he was right.

"Your boggart," he said, his voice softer this time, "It was Scabior right?"