Chapter 11 - Sectum Sempra

A few months had passed and Reign sat at dinner with her friends as they talked about the last issue of the Daily Prophet.

She had caught herself drifting off in thought about Malfoy for the third time that night.

Emaline patted her hand, "C'mon hun, don't give him another thought."

Reign nodded and continued to eat her soup.

She was reaching for a slice of pie when she heard Harry Potter's voice behind her.

"Katie," he said, "How are you."

The dark haired girl turned and looked at him sadly, "I know you're going to ask Harry, but I don't know who cursed me. I've been trying to remember, honestly, but I just can't."

Katie paused as she made eye contact with Draco who stood in the center of the aisle, staring at her and Harry. Potter turned to see what was going on and immediately his suspicions were confirmed.

Malfoy glanced quickly at Reign before turning and hurrying out of the Great Hall.

Reign stood up, despite her friends' protests and followed him down the corridor to the boys bathroom.

He had pulled off his sweater and stood leaning on the sink, sobbing as he stared at his reflection.

Reign ran to him, "Draco."

He turned and buried his head in her chest without a word. They stood there as he sobbed, her rubbing his back as gently as she could. She knew exactly what Harry knew, but for some reason she still wanted to keep him safe.

"I know what you did Malfoy," Potter's voice came from the doorway of the bathroom, "You hexed her didn't you."

Malfoy whipped around and shot a spell at Harry.

"Stop!" Reign grabbed his arm, but Harry had already shot back. Reign shoved Draco behind the wall by the sinks and ducked, sending the body binding curse straight at Harry. He dodged it and went for Draco again.

"Reign he could have killed her!" Harry yelled from somewhere on the other side of the room. Draco sent a curse hurtling towards Harry under the toilet cubicles and Harry shot back.

"He didn't mean to!" she cried, "Right Draco?"

Malfoy didn't respond but Harry replied, "No, he meant to kill Dumbledore! Katie was just collateral damage. Isn't that right Malfoy?" Draco appeared next to the toilets, motioning for Reign to go out into the corridor. She shook her head and he took a step towards her. He was about to push her out into the hallway when Harry jumped out from behind the wall across the room.

"Sectumsempra!" he yelled and Malfoy was sent flying backwards.

"No!" Reign ran to him and knelt down on the floor which was flooded with water, "What did you do to him?"

Harry stared down at them in shock, watching the effects of his spell take place.

"Draco," she took his face in her hands, "Look at me, please. You're going to be alright. C'mon, look at me."

She looked up at the dark haired boy, tears flowing down her face.

"Harry!" she yelled, "Help me, please. How do I stop it? He's dying!"

Draco's sobs were becoming weaker and his body was convulsing.

"No!" Reign screamed. She tried to cover his wounds with her hands but there were too many.

Snape rushed into the bathroom, taking in the scene before him. Harry made eye contact with the professor briefly and ran out into the corridor.

"I can't stop it," Reign sobbed, watching the blood mix with the water around Draco's body, "I can't stop it."