picnics and kisses

It was a week after The Feast Of Feasts. Lilith and zelda missed each other incredibly. Zelda woke up and went downstairs to eat her breakfast and Lilith woke up and couldn't miss Zelda any longer. So lilith went to her rotary phone to call Zelda.

''Spellman sisters mortuary, this is Hilda.'' ''Hello Hilda, it's me Mary.'' ''Oh Mary! do you need Sabrina?'' ''No I-'' Hilda cut her of: ''Oh your calling for Zelda, you two are so sweet together!'' ''Oh. thank you but can I get Zelda on the phone please?'' Lilith asked because she didn't call for a conversation. ''Yes of course, a moment please!'' Hilda said and she went to the kitchen.

''Zelda, it's mrs. Wardwell on the Phone for you.'' Hilda said excitedly. ''Mary? What does she want?'' Zelda asked as her cheeks betrayed her. ''I don't know she didn't say, but she is still waiting for you on the other side of the line so you should get to the phone- '' Hilda was interrupted by Zelda who immediately took the phone out of Hilda's hand.

''Mary!'' ''Zelda! how are you doing,'' Lilith asked. ''I'm doing fine, I just... really miss you.'' Zelda said in a disappointed tone. ''I also miss you Zelda, and that's why I'm calling you. I wanted to ask if you would like to have a picnic with me this afternoon.'' ''Yes of course, I would love that!'' Zelda responded. ''Great! I'll pick you up at 1 then?'' Lilith asked. ''Sure, I can't wait!'' Zelda said excited. ''Me neither! Bye!'' ''Bye!''

Not much later, the doorbell rang. Zelda walked to the door to open it. ''Mary!'' Zelda said as she saw the brunette in front of her, looking good as always. ''Zelda. It's so good to see you again.'' Lilith said. ''Likewise. I can't say often enough that I missed you so much.'' "Yes indeed. A week can feel like an eternity. ''Lilith said and Zelda agreed with that. "Shall we go to the park and enjoy the sun?" Lilith asked and, Zelda nodded yes.

When they arrived, the women laid out a cloth on the grass and sat down. They ate some sandwiches and drank some orange juice. After that they both laid down on the blanket. Staring at the sky. ''I like this. I mean. I could do this forever.'' Zelda said. ''Me too, with you.'' That made Zelda smile. "Oh, about last week. I'm sorry I said that. It was just too much at that moment. Because you almost passed away and everything.'' Lilith said as she sat up. ''It's alright. I understand. It was too much for me too. And when I saw you it just all went insane with my feelings.'' Zelda said as she also sat up to face the brunette.

''I hope I haven't ruined our friendship.'' Lilith asked carefully. ''No not at all! I love you too... really much.'' Lilith didn't respond to that. Both women just stared at each other. With butterflies in their stomach. and lust in their eyes for a kiss. That's why Lilith put a hand on Zelda's cheek and put her thumb on Zelda's lips. Zelda longed for more, so she leaned forward and put her soft lips on her Lilith's. Of course Lilith kissed her back. At first they were soft kisses and they did it slowly. Then they put more speed on to it. They were passionate kisses until Zelda pressed her tongue onto Lilith's lips. Begging for access. Until both women found themselves snogging.

A few seconds later, they let each other's tongues into their own mouths again and caught their breaths. ''Mary?'' ''Yes'' ''Would you like dinner at my house?'' ''I can't say no to that.'' And both woman went back to the mortuary.

They didn't really do something special there. Until dinner...

The whole household sat at the dinner table, including Lilith ofcourse. They talked about what Sabrina has done again, but soon the topic fell on how Zelda and Lilith experienced their adventure in the park.

"How was the park?" Hilda asked. ''The park?" Sabrina asked with a confused expression on her face. "Yes, Mary and Zelda went to the park for a picnic." Hilda explained to Sabrina. "Well, it wasn't just a picnic." Lilith teasingly explained. Zelda immediately looked at Lilith with a facial expression telling her that she didn't like everyone to be aware of what they were really doing in the park. "Huh? What do you mea-'' Zelda cut her off: " Nothing. We have done nothing.'' '' You two did something!'' Ambrose said. "You have kissed!'' Hilda screamed with enthusiasm. "Really!?" Sabrina shouted. ''Enough! It's not your business!'' It went quiet immediately.

"Uhm ... She's wright. We ... We didn't do anything like kiss. We uhm ... I was just kidding." That was the only excuse that came to Lilith's mind. Zelda looked at Lilith and gave her a little nod with a smile to let know that she had got it right.

Not much later, they were all finished eating and Lilith wanted to go home. Zelda let Lilith out of the house. They now stood on the porch. "Sorry to create such chaos over dinner. I didn't want to upset you.'' Lilith excused. ''It's okay. I just don't want my family to know that we kissed.'' "But Zelda, it must be something you can be okay with!" Lilith said. "Yes and I know that, but if Faustus finds out he will kill me." Zelda explained.

''Faustus. that pittyful little boy who calls himself a man! We don't need him! And besides, he already thinks that we have a relation, because he called me your girlfriend at The Feast Of Feasts.'' Lilith said. Zelda looked down. With a stressed and hopeless look on her face. "Zelda." Lilith signed as held Zelda's head up with her index finger and thumb between her chin. ''Don't be afraid. I won't let him hurt you. Not anymore after those flaggelations.'' Lilith said. ''But mary, I did that to myself-'' ''Yes. because of him! He will only hurt you. I would NEVER do that! ...because I love you.'' '''Zelda droped some tears and gave Lilith a hug. They huged for a while until they let go. ''You should go now. Tomorrow we both have our schools to work at. So you should sleep early.'' Zelda concluded. Lilith knoded. ''I love you'' Zelda said. ''I love you too, Zelda''. Lilith said back and walked off of the porch.

Zelda went back inside and wiped her tears away. And coincidentally, Hilda walked by. But saw Zelda wipe the tears of. ''Zelda. Are you alright?'' ''Yes! I just ... don't feel very well.'' ''Do you want some tea? Hilda asked gently. "No, I'm tired. I think I'm going to bed." And like she said, she went to bed. Once in bed, she thought about how to make things right with Faustus again. Chaos just seems to haunt her again and again.