matchmaking

It was the next day. The whole family sat at the dining table to have breakfast. Zelda was already thinking about how to tell Lilith that she was getting married since she got up. She did not want to marry Faustus. But Lilith. She must of course marry Faustus and that gets in the way of her, but the biggest problem of them all is that Mary is not Mary. But Lilith. And Zelda doesn't know that.

Her thoughts were interrupted by someone knocking on the front door. Zelda opened it and to her surprise Faustus stood there. "Father, what brings you here? Please come in.'' ''Thank you Zelda. I am here to discuss our wedding date.'' Faustus responded while Zelda let him into the kitchen.

"Wedding?" Sabrina said questioningly. "Wait, are you getting married?" Ambrose added. ''Yes we are. And by hearing this I believe that she hasn't told you yet.'' Faustus said. "Not yet, Your Excellency. I thought it wasn't that important to tell them right away.'' Zelda said. ''Well it is important, just like the wedding date. So I would like to pick a date.'' ''Ofcourse Father.'' And both went to pick out an date.

Lilith was alone in her house. She knew she still had to take Sabrina to Satan, but she didn't want to. She didn't want Zelda to get mad at her and leave her. That would be true hell for her.

Lilith went to Baxter High to distract from those thoughts. It was Valentine's Day, so Sabrina would be at the academy, but she could come up with some excuses like, 'I've got too much paperwork left from all the days I haven't been here' so she would be safe.

The time flew. It was time for the matching. Zelda and Faustus both stood on the balcony, watching everyone. "I'll be in my office for a moment.'' Faustus said, and left. Zelda knew he was about to fuck a woman, but she didn't even care because that was typically Faustus.

The matchmaking started and Zelda simply stood there and watched them. It reminded her of when she used to participate it in her younger days, with Faustus. She used to really like him back then. Or she thought she liked him. Ever since she met Lilith, she felt real love and that was something she hadn't felt yet. 

Lilith was still at home but knew that she needed to talk to Zelda. Because she didn't want her to spend any night in that forest with Faustus. All these thoughts burned deep into her soul and she couldn't resist to teleport to the academy.

While Zelda was still thinking about her Brunette crush, she got interrupted by the feeling of someone's presence. She turned to look and to her surprise Lilith was standing there.''Mary, How did you come in here? If Faustus sees you then-'' Lilith interrupted her with a kiss. It wasn't really long but long enough.

"I just snuck in. So, are you going to participate?'' Lilith asked after they pulled back. ''I-I don't know yet.'' ''Would you want to... spent a night with me?'' Zelda would love to, but if she didn't  spend it with Faustus it would look suspicious. Especially now she is engaged with him.

Lilith noticed Zelda's uncertainty. ''Zelda. I-I don't want to force you into things. If im going to far-'' ''No it's... I just can't because of Faustus.'' Lilith did not understand. Why wouldn't she do it because of him? and why did she care in the first place. They almost had sex anyway, so why would Faustus' opinion matter? Her thoughts were flooded with questions.

''Zelda. What do you mean? It's only Faustus. There is no need for insecurity. He must've hurt you didn't he?'' ''I'm going to marry him.'' Zelda kept it short but tears began to roll down her cheeks. Lilith's heart sank to the floor. She stood there with a sad but questioning expression on her face. She didn't know what to say out of pain. it was as if there was a lump stuck in her throat. 

''what?'' That was the only thing Lilith could manage to speak. ''I'm so sorry, Mary. Really I-'' ''You don't even love him!'' Lilith began to cry. ''I-I don't but-'' ''You must give me an very good reason why to marry him, Zelda.'' Zelda paused to think of a logical explanation. ''It's... for my family.'' Lilith sighed out of disbelief. 

"You also have to think about yourself Zelda. About your own happiness. What makes you happy?''  ''You make me happy Mary but... I hope i'm not going to regret this but... come to the mortuary tomorrow at 11. We'll have the whole evening for ourselves and I can come up with an excuse.'' "You will not regret this. I promise."

Zelda saw Faustus come out of his office with a woman. "Oh, he's done fucking. You have to go." "Yes, I'll see you tomorrow.''  Zelda nodded yes to her, turned to face Faustus that was now coming up the balcony and Lilith teleported back to her cottage. 

''How is everybody doing?'' ''They are doing great, your excellency.'' ''Good.'' He responded.

The matchmaking was over and once Zelda arrived home, she immediately crawled into bed. And even though she was a little stressed by the idea of secretly sharing a bed with her crush, she was excited to finally be able to make love with her. Lilith felt the same but still felt her secret burning inside of her. The more they grew together, the more it hurt. Hopefully she will understand. And hopefully, Satan and Faustus won't get in their way.