Wedding

It's the next morning. Zelda woke up and found herself cuddling with Lilith. 'Shit!' Zelda thought. 'I have to prepare for the wedding!'. Zelda sat up, waking Lilith. ''Good Morni-''. ''You have to leave.'' Lillith paused. ''What? Why?'' ''No one may know about yesterday eve.'' ''But Zelda-'' ''Please Mary. Go now before anyone wakes up.'' Lilith sighed. ''I'll see you.'' Lillith was about to leave Zelda's room until: ''Wait, Mary. I haven't been honest to you. I'm marrying Faustus today.'' ''What!?'' ''Please don't get mad!'' ''Zelda what the fuck! Why didn't you just tell me?!'' ''Because I didn't want to hurt you!'' ''Literally Zelda this hurts me more than you would have when you told me earlier, I'm done with this abrupt bullshit. Good luck with the wedding.'' Lilith left. ''Mary, Mary!'' Zelda burst out in tears.

A few minutes later Zelda fixed herself up. And went downstairs. Everyone already sat at the kitchen table. ''Goodmorning bride-'' ''Hilda please I'm not in the mood.'' ''But it's such a special day! Aren't you excited?'' ''It doesn't matter Hilda, Just let me finish my breakfast, please.''

So said, so done they ate breakfast. After that Hilda helped Zelda with the wedding gown. It was a red dress with a black finished pattern on it. It started out as a kind of corset and ended in a point just above the crotch. The skirt itself was generously filled and just ran over the floor. And lastly she wore a golden crown on top of her head. The two sisters had a small conversation until Hilda noticed something. ''Zelda, what's that on your neck?'' ''What do you mean?'' Hilda responded with her hand pointing to a red/purple-ish spot on her neck. And then Zelda remembered. It was from the night before with Lilith. ''It's nothing to worry about sister.'' ''Well, if father blackwood finds out about the hickey then he knows that you're seeing someone else. And I think he also knows who.'' ''It doesn't matter what you think! Just continue with the dress.'' Hilda obeyed and finished the dress.

The wedding arrived. Everyone was ready to see Zelda and Faustus get married. Faustus was also ready to share his name with Zelda. Now it was only Zelda's job to walk to the altar and get married. But it really bothered her. She didn't love Faustus. Never in her life! Yes they have had something in the past but Zelda has never found love in men. Then she knew it. "I am a lesbian." ''What?'' Hilda asked, unsure if she might have misheard it. ''Miss Spellman, are you feeling well?'' Prudence asked. Zelda just stared at the floor. ''Dammit Zelda. Why couldn't you just have said that earlier. You're about to marry, it's too late!'' ''I know Hilda, I just figured it out. I don't want to marry.''  ''I'm sorry miss Spellman but everyone is waiting for the bride.'' Prudence had to interrupt. ''Yes." A short pause followed. "Let the show begin.''

And so the three women walked to the altar. Prudence up front. Behind her, Hilda. And at the end, Zelda. To Zelda that already took ages. She wasn't even at the altar yet. Then everyone was finally in place. Faustus talked a lot, but Zelda didn't listen. She already knew what to do. Faustus made sure to make it fast though. So that she'll be stuck to him till they die. So it didn't take long until they started to say the yes word. ''Now Zelda. In the name of Satan. You shall respect me, obey me. And submit to me as Lilith served Satan, so will you serve me. You will forsake all others, lift me up and exalt me for all eternity. And now by the unholy power invested by me, what is your answer?'' And that's it. Zelda stood there without Lilith to rescue her from this miserable situation. She had to do it. ''Yes.''

And so with the snap of a finger, they were married. No cliché where a lover says: Stop the wedding! Zelda was on her own this time.  Zelda and Faustus immediately went on their honeymoon after the wedding. Zelda didn't want to. She wanted to go to Lilith that must still be pissed. Yet she understood. They were now in the car on their way to Italy. "So, Zelda. What is the meaning behind the fact that you didn't show up last night.'' ''I- I was busy with the wedding dress. It needed some touch ups.'' Faustus hummed to that. Now we are left with a sad Zelda and an angry Lilith. Will they ever make up? Even after Zelda married Faustus. Who knows.