5

"This is my calling
And though it's appalling."

GENEVIEVE WAS THROWN BACKWARDS

GENEVIEVE WAS THROWN BACKWARDS. She flew through the air, crashing face first into one of the bunks. Her ears were ringing as she shakily stood up. White dust swirled throughout the room, rubble everywhere. She reached up and felt her face, her nose was gushing blood. Fantastic.

"Schofield?" She yelled. "Blake?"

"Genevieve!" Blake was stumbling towards her. "W-where's Scho?"

They both looked to where Schofield had been standing a minute before. In his place was a pile of rubble. Genevieve gasps.

"Fuck!" They both rushed over to the rubble and began digging through it. They could hear him trying to scream from under it. They dug faster.

"SCO!" Blake yelled as he dug, the rocks making a horrible scraping noise as they dug.

Genevieve threw away a rock and saw something. A nose.

"Blake!" She exclaimed as she dug around the spot. "He's here!"

They unearthed his face and Schofield coughed and sputtered out dust. His chest, looking like a ghost from all the white. His arms, still somehow gripping his gun.

"SCO! SCO!" Blake heaved him up so he was sitting up.

"Breathe honey," Genevieve wiped the dust out of his mouth and nose. "Oh god."

"Genevieve help me get him up." Blake grabbed Schofield's arm and she grabbed the other. "On the count of three. One, two, THREE!"

With all their might they wrenched him out of the dirt. Schofield couldn't stand, he was too disoriented.

"Sco... Stand up!" Blake pleaded. "Stand up! Up! UP!"

Schofield's body was shaking and contorting with shock. Genevieve reached out with her other hand to continue wiping his face.

"Come on sweetie," She said, feeling more like a nurse than she had been undercover. "Just stand up."

"STAND UP!" Blake yells.

The ceiling suddenly groaned and shook. He looked at Genevieve with panic in his eyes.

"Blake." She warned. She spit out some of the blood that was still coming out of her nose and dripping into her mouth.