21

"I put myself back in the narrative."

SIX MONTHS LATER

SIX MONTHS LATER

Genevieve walked down the streets of London with her head down. Her latest mission had been done but she still had to keep a low profile.

She was battered and bruised, but you wouldn't know it just by looking at her. She hid it well. Just like the revolver in her pocket.

Genevieve was tired. She was glad her mission was done. There was no word of a new one, at least not yet.

It had been nonstop missions for such a long time. Genevieve almost regretted her job of choice, it was almost becoming too much for her to handle. But she never told that to her boss. As a woman in this line of work she had to prove herself to be ready for anything that was thrown at her.

Genevieve made her way down the busy street, hidden in the crowd. She could see her hotel in the distance and her body ached, longing for rest.

Sleep had been her friend lately. She hadn't gotten much of it over the last few months but always looked forward to it.

Because when you sleep, you dream. And Genevieve loved her dreams.

They were always filled with one person.

Her heart ached every time she woke up. She missed Schofield so much.

Genevieve hated what she had to do those six months ago. She never wanted to stop sending letters. But she had no choice. They had tracked her down through her letters. Threatened to kill not only her, but whoever she was sending them to.

Genevieve had gotten rid of them, but knew there were more out there. So no more letters.

She should have known that it wouldn't work out. In her line of work, relationships just weren't doable.

She had to move on.

Genevieve weaved in and out of the crowd until she got to the entrance of the hotel. The doorman tipped his hat to her as he opened the door.

"Nice day isn't it?" He asked.

Genevieve glanced up at the sky. It was cloudy.

"Just beautiful." She replied, heading into the building.

She made a beeline for her room. Thankfully, it was only on the second floor. Genevieve practically collapsed onto her bed with a satisfied sigh. She kicked off her heels and rolled out of her coat before closing her eyes.