eight.

I sat on top of a desk, my back straight as we all stood around the room, having been here for a small while as Vision tried to regenerate himself as fast as he could, which at this moment in time was very slowly

I sat on top of a desk, my back straight as we all stood around the room, having been here for a small while as Vision tried to regenerate himself as fast as he could, which at this moment in time was very slowly. My mission jacket was unzipped as I played with the buckle of my belt as everyone around me talked, giving me a moment to realign my thoughts.

"So we gotta assume they're coming back, right?" Rhodey asked as I got slapped back into reality, bringing up one on my legs as I tucked my foot under my other leg, shifting slightly. "And they can clearly find us" Wanda said, standing behind Vision who was sitting in a chair, her eyes filled with worry as she rubbed her lips together.

"We need all hands on deck" Bruce said as he turned to look at me, raising his eyebrows. "Where's Clint?" he asked as I shook my head at him, letting out a small breath as I clicked my belt buckle closed. "After the whole Accords he and Scoff took a deal, it was way too on their families so they are on house arrest" I told him as he looked between us all, holding his hands in front of him nervously.

"Who's Scott?" Bruce asked as I looked over at Steve who was standing at the end of the desk I was sitting on, his arms crossed. "Ant-Man" he said as Bruce furrowed his eyebrows at that answer, turning his head quickly. "There's an Ant-Man and a Spider-Man?" he said as I nodded my head at him, Sam shrugging his shoulders as Rhodey rolled his eyes gently, pacing on the spot.

"Okay, Thanos has the biggest army in the universe" Bruce said as he held his hands out in front of him, taking in a deep breath. "And he is not gonna stop until he gets Vision's Stone" he added, trailing off at the end of his sentence as he pointed over at Vision who looked over at him, slumped over in his chair. "Well then, we have to protect it" Natasha said, crossing her arms, leaning back against the table behind her.

"No, we have to destroy it" Vision said as we all turned to look at him, Vision holding his hand out to the side as he shook his head. "I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head, about its nature, but also, its composition" he said as he touched the stone with his finger gently, letting out a breath as he pushed himself out of his chair, Wanda rushing to help him as he waved her off, not wanting her assistance.

"I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source, something, very similar to its own signature, perhaps its molecular integrity could fail" he said as Wanda stood at his side, shaking her head at him. "And you, with it. We're not having this conversation" she said to him as she took a small step forward, standing in front of him as she scrunched his eyebrows at him.

"Eliminating the stone is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it" Vision told her as she widened her eyes at the suggestion of Vision loosing his life along with the power of the stone. "That's too high a price" she said to him as he lifted his hands, gently taking Wanda's face in his hands as she placed one of hers on top of his. "Only you have the power to pay it" Vision said to her softly as she pushed his hands off of her face, walking away from him extremely distressed at the thought.

"Thanos threatens half the Universe, one life cannot stand in the way of defeating him" Vision said as I looked down at the floor, biting the inside of my cheek lightly. "But it should" Steve said, also looking down at the ground as he looked over at Vision, all eyes on him but my own. "We don't trade lives, Vision" Steve said to him as I grasped the end of the desk with my hands, Vision walking over to Steve slowly.

"Captain, 70 years ago, you laid down your life to save how many millions of people. Tell me, why is this any different?" Vision asked as Steve dropped his arms by his side, taking a breath before he was about to answer. "Because you might have a choice" Bruce said before Steve could say anything, Vision turning to look at Bruce who was pointing as Vision, his other hand on his chin.

"Your mind is made up of a complex construct of overlays. J.A.R.V.I.S., Ultron, Tony, me, the Stone" Bruce said as he spun his hands around in front of him slowly. "All of them mixed together, all of them learning from one another" Bruce said as Wanda let out a small breath, setting her hands on her hips. "You're saying Vision isn't just the stone?" she asked Bruce who sort of nodded his head, not wanting to give her a straight answer considering he was unsure about it himself.

"I'm saying that if we take out the stone, there's still a whole lot of Vision left, perhaps the best parts" Bruce replied to her as Natasha pushed herself off of the desk. "Can we do that?" she asked as Bruce looked over at her, shaking his head at her as he pointed at the ground. "Not me, not here" he told her as Rhodey let out a deep breath, crossing his arms as he shook his head slowly at that helpful yet unhelpful bit of information.

"You better find someone, and somewhere fast" he said as we all fell silent, Bruce shrugging his shoulders quickly as I looked over at Steve. "Ross isn't exactly just gonna let you guys have your old rooms back" Rhodey added as Steve looked over at me, causing me to lift my eyebrow at him as he nodded his head at me, knowing exactly what I was silently implying to him, causing him to take a small step forward.

"I know somewhere"

——

A/N: hey guys here's another chapter as a very questionable time in the morning (where I am anyway) so let's hope it's a better time where you are, and while we are all in the same boat of not leaving our house (stay home PLEASE) where are you guys from I would love to know, so leave it on the comments and maybe you'll make a few friends!!
please vote and comment and i will see you soon