Chapter 3- Going Away

Nia the fairy was fed up. She stormed home to her little toadstool cottage, her face bright red with rage.

The other fairies had once again made fun of her for not being interested in flowers and pretty clothes like the rest of them. To Nia, the other fairies were too prim and proper, too scatterbrained, ignorant and cowardly. They were content to live in a stupid, perfect little dollhouse world for babies. She just couldn't take it any longer.

As she caught sight of her toadstool cottage, with it's shiny red- and- white- spotted roof, perfectly rounded white walls and little door at the base, Nia shuddered. This sight was enough to make her want to be sick. She threw open the little rounded door and stormed into the house. She had made up her mind. She was leaving Fairyland.

Nia began to throw her belongings into a little seedpod suitcase. The other world was not perfect like Fairyland, she knew. In the other world, not everyone was happy all the time and things didn't always go as planned. She knew the other fairies were all terrified of the other world. But she was not a coward like they were.

Nia snapped the suitcase closed and went outside. As she rose into the air, she looked down at the little toadstool rooftops of her old home. She was glad to say goodbye to them. A light breeze rustled her wings and she smiled. She was far from scared of the imperfect other world. She was looking forward to the adventure.