2

Rewritten on
03/10/2020

Ashley's POV
As the sun shinned brightly on me, I opened my eyes wide and a huge smile spread across my face, as I flipped the duvet off of me and jumped out of bed.

Today is the day the first day of summer, it's 'summer time' I chanted.

Grabbing my toiletry bag I skipped to my bathroom and turned on the shower, singing out loud.

"summer time and you know what that means"

"when your living in the summer time"

"summer time ma nothing"
Living in the summer time"

As I turned of the shower, I rapped a towel around my body and rushed back to my closet.

Looking at my collection of wet suits, bikinis and summer gowns I stared for a while before I decided to go casual.

So I put on a pink tank crop top and blue denim shorts, while under my tank top I had a yellow bikini suit. And a pair of pink slippers. And ponytailed my hair.

After that I looked at the mirror and said 'nailed it' with a smirk on my face.

Walking downstairs , I didn't see anyone inside the kitchen, till I noticed my mother coming inside from the back door wearing a floral summer gown, picking up a bowl of yogurt with assorted fruits in it.

"Morning Mom" I say and lean on the kitchen counter.

"Morning Ashley" My mom said and grabbed a deep spoon, and put it in the yogurt.

"Having breakfast outside?" I ask.

"Yeah, when your ready you can come" She said and headed to our yard.

I nodded my head in response and headed outside, as the sun was shining brightly and the grass was greener than ever, at the end of the yard, I see a small table with four chairs, one for my mom, one for my dad and one for my sister and the last one for me, I took a seat on my chair sitting across my dad, I scanned the table, on my plate was a strawberry crape, and beside me was a tiny bowl filled with yogurt, and by my right side was a glass of orange juice.

"Yum" I say and take a bite of my crape.

"No greetings? Just eating?" My dad said and I smiled.

"Sorry, morning dad, Alexa!" I say and sip my juice.

"So any plans for today?" My mom said, taking a sip of her yogurt from a spoon.

"Yep, am going to the beach with Maleeka " I say and bite my crape.

"Oh really, I thought her name was Camila? " My mom asked.

"It's Maleeka Camila Tores, just like my name is Ashley Monica Brooks." I state and sip my juice.

"Oh ok, what about you Alexa? " My mom asked.

"Am going to the country Club" She replied

*****
My feet soaked in the soft sand and the water waves looking beautiful, as I walked into the water with my friend.

"Oh how I love summer" Maleeka said as we were swimming in the water .

"I love it more" I say and splash water on her.

"Hey" She said and splashed me back.

"Hello" I hear a voice say.

"Is that Kathleen?" Maleeka asked.

"Yes, and you guys should leave I just rented this side of of the beach " She said as we both got out of the water.

"How do you rent a beach, it's public property, so suck a truck"

"All you need to know is that it's closed for a private event so you should leave.

*slap* " Are you crazy we are staying for this beach is public domain "property" *I whisper* .

"I think your the crazy person, I rented this place fair and square, ask the man in the slushie stand" Kathleen said clutching her cheek.

"Sir? " Before I could ask he said "this area of the beach is closed for a private event".

" You know bitch, you can try and ruin my summer but it won't work and besides, we don't go to bitchy beaches, so we are leaving cause we want to they are tons, loads, of beaches in la Cali so suck a friggin truck.

*****
"You know when you said we were going to a beach, I thought we were, not this sorry ice cream parlour" I said sitting in the wooden chairs of the ice cream parlour .

"Well what did you want me to say, we're going to an old ice cream parlour that smells weird, cause we need quietness? " Maleeka said and fixed her swim suit strap.

"Well can we at least go somewhere fun? " I ask looking at the elderly man behind the counter staring at us.

"Why, it's quiet and we get free ice cream" Maleeka says and bites her ice cream.

"It's quiet because this place is old and the ice cream is free because no one will buy it, we would be drinking slushies at the beach if you we're nice to Kaitlin we wouldn't be here with this creepy old guy staring at us" I say and place my hand beneath my cheek.

"You weren't nice to her either" Maleeka stated.

"Ok fine it's both our faults but can we at least go somewhere fun? It's summer meeka we should either be at the beach or, having a water balloon or water gun fights like 10 year olds, or at least be at a pool party or something?" I say and eat my aged ice cream.

"I don't know party places now do I? " Meeka says, all grumpy.

"You've officially ruined my day" I say and leave the parlour.

****
**
*
*

I know it's boring but it's the second chapter cut me some slack .