Chapter 9: The Start of Fame

Today. Today is the day that not only U.A. has been waiting for, but the whole world. Today is the day of the fabled Sports Festival of U.A. The class of 1-A is especially excited, as they finally get to prove their worth to not only their classmates in other courses, but to the entire world. They're all understandably excited, as they spent the entire week prior training for today, and whatever lay ahead.

Well, almost everyone. The class of 1-A is currently residing in one of the waiting rooms, talking with each other. The few that aren't showing their excitement, if there is any, is Bakugo and Todoroki.

The explosive loud mouth of the class is currently leaning backwards in his chair, his eyes closed. Kirishima is trying to hold a conversation with him, but to no avail as Bakugo is clearly uninterested in whatever the Hardening quirk user has to say.

Todoroki is being his usual stoic and antisocial self, and is standing away from everyone else, leaning up against a wall. However, if anyone were to look more closely at him, they'd see a bit of anger in his facial expression, and a fiery passion burning in his eyes.

Then there's you. Like Todoroki, your standing apart from everyone else. And, like everyone else, your dressed up in the schools P.E clothes. However, that's where the similarities end. Sadly, that's all you have on, and your not accustomed to being away from your jacket for extended periods of time.

Because of this new found distance between the one thing that can give you comfort while surrounded by people, your understandably quiet. Your hands are balled into fists and jammed into the pockets of the uniform, and your arms are scrunched up to your chest. If anyone were to pass by, they could see you shaking slightly.

However, one person did notice this, and after you spent a week trying to help him train, he decided to try and help you relax. Midoriya approached you slowly, waving slightly to try and grab your attention so he didn't just appear in front of you.

"H-hey y/n, what's wrong?"

You look up to find Midoriya looking at you with his usual friendly concern. During your time at U.A. you've come to realize a few things about your fellow students. Asui is pretty blunt whenever she talks, Bakugo is the loud mouth of the class, Iida tries to be the aspiring role student, and Midoriya is the type of guy to be in everyone's corner, whether you want him there or not.

And now, he's playing his part and trying to see what's wrong. You admire him for this. Not because its something you wouldn't do, but for him having the confidence to go up and ask someone what's wrong. Confidence is something you lack, and for being a hero in training, that's something you can't afford. Hero's need to be confident in all that they do, whether its fighting a villain, or just giving people comfort.

Sure you fought that Nomu during the attack at the U.S.J. but that was on instinct. With your class, you don't know what they think, as they've been respectfully quiet about the whole thing. So if they think it was being a good fighter when needed, confidence in battle, or just doing what needed to be done, you don't know.

Now, as Midoriya waits patiently for an answer, you silently thank him for being him. Without a friend like him with you today, your not sure if you'd be able to walk outside, face that crowd, and participate in the sports festival. Aizawa had even asked if you wanted to sit out of the Festival, and he looked shocked when you shook your head.

I'm alright, it's just that I'm not allowed to wear my jacket during the beginning.

With a nod, Midoriya moves to stand beside you, leaning against the wall. The way he looks right now, you can't quite put a name to. It's a mixture of excitement, worry, fear, and strangely enough, acceptance. Those mix of emotions don't seem to fit together on a face, yet Midoriya seems to be full of surprises, as he seems to be able to do so with relative ease.