Running after hours

Jongho held the paper tight in his hands as he slowly made his way over to the principals office. Police officers can be seen out of the office waiting for his arrival. Even though, jongho didn't commit a crime his heart dropped and as he walked passed he bowed to both of the officers. The officers followed close behind him as he introduced himself to the principal and everyone in the room. A lady who looks like she too is waiting for someone, the two officers who followed jongho inside, the principal, and the school security officer.

"Please take a seat" the principal spoke in a serious tone. "You too ms......"

"Ms.kang.. it's ms.kang" she said with her voice shaking.

Jongho almost offered his seat since he was much closer to her but she walked right passed him to sit far away from him.

The silence grew louder to the point where you could almost crickets. The woman kept throwing random stares at jongho and he bowed to her after the 4th time. She barely managed to throw a smile.

After a while of silence the phone finally rang. Muffled words can be heard from the other side but jongho couldn't quite make out the words

"You didn't find him?"

"He couldn't have left the school. we have it fully locked around the campus"

"Just come into the office when you finish"

Another 30 minutes passed in silence as whoever they were looking for didn't appear anywhere. Finally, two more officers.. one with a dog.. walked in and spoke silently to the others. Jongho couldn't form words to follow all this.

"School is now on lockdown" the principal had announced to the school over the speakers.

"Your mom doesn't answer?" He turned towards jongho.

"She works all the time... she almost never has her phone on her. She probably won't pick up."

"What about your dad"

"He's flying a plane at the moment. He's a pilot for the airforce."

"Wow that's very cool. is there anyone I can contact?"

"Not really anyone sir"

"What time does your mom get out?"

"She goes in at 12:30pm and comes home at 4am."

"So you're alone most of the time?"

Jongho nodded in agreement.

"Well since no one can come. You guys can take him for now." He signed for jongho to look at the police. Who then asked for his wrists.

Jongho had just been put into handcuffs for the very first time in his life.