∆ Chapter 4 ∆

Playlist
Best friend - IKON

∆∆∆

It was finally lunch and professor Namjoon left the lab the minute the bell rang. As I was stepping out of the lab with my friends, Dong Hee called me.

"Y/n... I asked uncle Seok Jin whether he'll be free after lunch and he said he's free. You better go and meet him before Yeri does.

"Thanks, Dong Hee. Wanna join us for lunch?"

"Nah... I've got stuff to discuss with professor Yoongi. See you later." Dong Hee walked across me just like that.

Inside my classroom, I could see Min Yeri already eating her lunch with her friends. My friends were arranging the chairs around my desk. Naf and Jungkook joined us for lunch.

"I missed your mom's cooking y/n." Hana had puppy eyes and got the lunch box from me.

"Don't worry. She made your favourite for today's lunch." I told her.

"Then I'm having your lunch box for myself." Before Hana could take a spoonful, Jimin grabbed the lunch box from her.

"Baby girl... Sharing is caring. Didn't you learn it when you were small?" Jimin let out a peal of evil laughter and started eating my lunch.

"Yah... Jimin... Gimme the lunch box right now." Hana was furious.

"What do I get in return?" Jimin smirked at her.

"A kiss on our date. If you don't return it then I will go to the extent of cancelling our weekend date." Hana warned.

"Omo... Hana is scary." Taehyung pretended and clung on to me.

"I'm not gonna bother if you fight but please don't cancel the date." Jungkook said only to end up earning a glare from Naf.

"Hana you don't have to be so harsh." Naf told her.

"Then I want y/n's lunch back." Hana replied. She turned away from Jimin.

"Fine... Here you go." Jimin gave away the lunch box in defeat.

"Thank you baby mochi." Hana planted a quick peck on Jimin's cheek. Jimin's face turned into a pink hue.

"It's evident that he's blushing. Oh my goodness." I teased him.

"Yah... Stop it..." Jimin covered his face in shyness.

"He might look like a grown-up but he's a baby." Jungkook commented. "Jiminie shortcake."

"Lol... Jiminie shortcake." Taehyung repeated and we burst into laughter.

"He never grows and so does his pinkie." Naf joined the teasing duo.

"Comment about anything but not about my height." I tried to imitate him but failed.

"I don't talk like that. Guys seriously. You are mean." Jimin faked like he was crying.

And that's how our first lunch break went. Mocking at each other, laughing over tiniest jokes and talking all nonsense is what we do when we are together. This moment feels the happiest.

Once lunch break was over, I left with my girls to professor Seok Jin's cabin to meet him. It was on the floor above ours and we climbed up the stairs to reach for it. We entered the first room where professor Seok Jin's cabin was located. On the first cabin, sat my all-time favourite professor Seok Jin. He was looking at the computer screen before him intensely. Dong Hee was sitting on a chair opposite to the professor's desk. The moment he saw us he went and stood next to the professor.

"Good afternoon professor." We chorused. I slightly bowed down in respect. Haha, my habit never left me.

"Long time no see, professor. How are you doing?" I asked him as I entered the cabin.

"Please sit down y/n. I'm fine. What about you? Enjoyed the vacation?" Professor Seok Jin gave me a wide smile.

"Vacation was boring. I badly wanted to come back to the university."

"You should have. I and Dong Hee were here a few weeks back to work on a project." Professor Seok Jin looked at me now.

"Oh no... My bad that I didn't know." I frowned.

Professor Seok Jin laughed loudly. The windshield wiping loud laughter that I missed was back. I missed hearing it on a daily basis. That's how much I loved his laughter.

"Why are you sad about this? I'll ask Dong Hee to let you know next time. Promise."

"Thanks, professor." I smiled at him.

"Good afternoon professor Jin." An unexpected voice made its appearance inside the cabin. Min Yeri pushed Hana and Naf out so that she could get in. Professor Seok Jin being a gentleman smiled at her even though what she did was not right. He was always sweet to everyone.

"Good afternoon Yeri. What's the matter?" Professor Seok Jin asked her.

Before Yeri could start her sweet-talking, we excuse ourselves and walked out. Dong Hee whispered something on the professor's ears and followed me out of the cabin.

I was a little disappointed that I couldn't talk much with professor Seok Jin. I was feeling frustrated and angry. It was always me.

"I'm so done with that girl.' I yelled while we were walking in the corridor.

"Calm down y/n. She'll never change anyway." Hana said.

"But Yeri should know that it's not right to walk in just like that when someone else is talking." Naf held my hand. "Don't be sad. Professor Seok Jin is not so close with Yeri anyways.

I stomped my foot in anger and went to the nearby wall to throw a punch on it.

"Y/n..." Naf and Hana gasped.

I raised my hand to punch but when I looked at the silhouette next to me, my hand couldn't move anymore.

Professor Namjoon was standing there, frozen and shocked on his spot. His eyes went wide while he had a bar of half-eaten chocolate on his mouth.

"What were you about to do Miss y/n?"

∆∆∆

Hi ARMYs... I hope you like this book so far. Please do support the book more with your votes and comments that will act as my motivation to update more.

I hope all of you are staying safe indoors. I wish these tough days pass by soon.

Next update will probably be on this weekend. Stay tuned...
Moncee Haruhi