Prologue

Sundays are boring in my opinion. Firstly, all of my friends have to go to church during the morning and their parents makes it a family day. Secondly, both my parents are working on weekends so I am stuck alone at home with nobody to hang out with or even talk to. That's why I want a pet - not a boring fish, a real pet like a cat or a dog. Thirdly, Sunday television is utter shit. I'm sick of soapy shows and kids programs. And lastly, it's the last day of the weekend which means tomorrow is school - ew.

I could always go and walk around Brooklyn but it's December and snow is gross and cold. Staying inside and drinking hot chocolate on the couch is a much better idea. Much, much better. I'd drink it in my bed but I spilled my cup on my comforter last time and my mum wasn't happy about it. Now there's a huge brown stain. No one believes me when I say it was hot chocolate... 

After zapping trough the channels about tenth times, I turned it off and turned on the radio instead. I know it's old school but I like the radio when I'm alone. I like to fool around and dance in my pajama to the beat of the pop music. And sing sometimes too but not that often - it's a lie, I do it all the time.

''Tired of the slippery streets, cold weather and snowstorms during Christmas break? Wanna spice things up this year but you don't know how? Here's the perfect solution: why no going to Australia?Celebrating Christmas on the beach might be for you this year. We'll take the fifth call. Call now!''

I wasted no time and quickly dialed the phone number of the radio station, knowing I wans't the only one who was listening to this radio station. Once I got the telephone line, I was asked my name and when I was from and then put on wait for about the minutes. 

''Luke, You there?'' asked a man on the other side of the phone. 

''Y-yeah.'' 

''I'm gonna ask you a quick question. Why do you want to go to Australia for Christmas break?'' 

I furrowed my brows. This is such a stupid question. I thought they'd ask more thoughtful question or a math equation like they do online sometimes but no. There must be a trap, it can't be so easy to win. Yet again, no one said I've won.  ''Christmas on the beach,'' I answered simply.

''Alright, someone will call you back if you win, keep your phone close,'' said the same man before hanging up.

I waited anxiously on my couch as some Christmas hits played on the radio. If my mother was there, she'd be signing on top of her lunges - she's addicted to Christmas everything, out place is packed with Christmas decorations. Seriously it's everywhere.

''I am happy to announce that the winner is Luke Hemmings from Brooklyn, New York,'' said the voice on the radio. ''We'll call you in an instant, Luke and all hope you have a great Christmas break on the Gold Coast in Australia. Now we'll continue with Taylor Swift's latest hit-'' I heard the voice on the radio say.

What? It's impossible..

Soon after, my phone rang and I immediately answered. The guy from the radio station said he'd have the tickets delivered in two weeks- I have to tell my parents. My dad has to take a break from work and so does my mum. 

I can't wait  to be there already!

A/N Another new book? I know and I'm not even sorry. I've had this idea a few weeks ago but now that it's Christmas soon, I've decided to make it my Christmas special story. Unlike my Halloween book, this one won't be a 'short' book but a normal length one because it's not a Christmas centring book. (It's not about elfs or anything, lol)

Please let me know what you think of this idea and I want to know your predictions on this story! What do you think will happen? Will something go wrong during this trip?