EPISODE 5: "ALEXANDRIA"

NOW (ALEXANDRIA):

The beginning of the end is near, people are beginning to get scared and they fear for their lives going forward. Rick puts his gun in his holster after cleaning it, Carl walks in holding Judith, who seems to have just woken up, Rick greets the two and they leave Judith with a babysitter as they leave the house, they meet up with Daryl and Michonne at the church to discuss plans for the final fight. They all sit around a table with a map out, of each major location, Daryl looks at the map and says after drawing lines around Alexandria with dots along it, "I'll take a team out here to each of these locations, when Negan returns, which he will after his most trusted saviors failed, we will flank them and hopefully give us the upper hand, we will need to check snipers and molotovs out of the armory." Michonne looks at the map and says "Me and Carl can take point on the walls with a small group as frontline defense." Rick looks at the map and says to the group, "If we're doing this, then we need to make sure this ends, and doesn't drag on... If and when you see Negan, don't hesitate no matter what..." Carl looks at the table as if he wanted to say something, he eventually looks at Rick and says to him, "We can't kill Negan... Killing him will prove to everyone that we aren't any better than they are, solving our problems by killing him won't change anything, if we keep him alive we can give him a chance to redeem himself and we can win by showing them that there are better alternatives to ending conflict." Daryl stands up and puts his crossbow around his back and says "If I see Negan, I'm killing his ass... I feel like it's my fault he killed Glenn, and the only way to make up for it and to make the guilt go away is for him to die." Michonne puts her sword away and says to Carl, "Look I know you mean well and all but he killed people... our people... Abe, Glenn, Spencer... The only thing to do is end him, I wish there was another way, I really do...", Carl looks at them and responds with, "If we don't kill Negan, it will make things better, the Saviors will see that there is an alternative to killing on sight, we all know that Abe, Glenn, Spencer wouldn't want to kill him, they, especially Glenn saw the best in people... We aren't any better than they are... Just give it a chance..." Rick looks down at his hatchet remembering what Negan almost made him do to Carl's arm, he looks up and just says to Carl "I'll think about it" they sit back down and continue planning.

Meanwhile in the training yard, Rosita trains with some Alexandrians on how to fight, Aaron joined in on training because he was set on getting Eric back, Scott is there too practicing his fighting skills, they train for a bit preparing for the big one. Morales sits and plays with his knife at a table, he carved his kids names into the table and quietly says "I haven't forgotten, I'm coming. Alden helps Siddiq in the infirmary with wounded fighters, the clock is ticking and Negan is on the way.

SOMEWHERE ON THE ROAD:

Dwight drives the big truck with Negan in the passenger seat, in the other vehicles Saviors can be seen loading grenade launchers slowly, and talking, the ride slowly to take in the scenery before the bloodbath that awaits, Negan looks ahead and says to Dwight, "Dwighty boy, looks like it's you and me once more, going on the adventure of a life time, ready to go and take that stupid little prick ourselves because Simon and Gavin were too busy dicking around to do it. Arat, Jared are doing recon as we speak, if and when the plan goes south, retreat back to the old fields a few miles away, we will have some fun heads on spikes action going on, that will be where I plant Rick's head for all his cult followers to see." Negan chuckles as Dwight says forcingly, "I look forward to it"... Around the fields, Arat and Jared walk slowly, Jared looking for any signs of finally killing Morgan, Arat just looking for a good place to set their traps to kill Rick, Jared looks at Arat and says "Ya know this will be a long walk... like a really long walk, we may as well slow down and lie down for a bit and get cozy with the surroundings... " Arat knows what he was hinting at and she pulls her big knife out and holds it to his throat and says "Unless you want to keep it attached to you, I would shut the hell up and keep walking..." Jared looks threatened a bit and continues to walk, he makes compliments but Arat ignores, they hear footsteps and Arat calls out for the person to step out, out comes Morgan and Carol, they split off from the Kingdom group heading home in search for supplies for the road, the four have guns drawn and Jared looks at Morgan and says "Well well well, look at what we have here." Jared has a hateful look as if he really despises Morgan, Arat isn't stupid and same goes for the other two, Carol says to the two "We can all walk away and pretend we didn't see each other, we are just out for food, you are out for your own purposes, if we shoot, we all die, there isn't any in between right now." Arat agrees, Morgan says to holster their guns, they all do except Jared, he refuses and looks at Morgan saying, "I aint got much else to live for, I may as well JUST DROP YOU RIGHT NOW!" Jared aims and before he could pull the trigger, Arat punches him hard, knocking him out cold, Arat looks down and kicks him a bit, she looks at Carol and Morgan and they get the signal that she needs help putting him in their car, they do it, Arat deep down doesn't want conflict and mentions it to the pair, Morgan just tells her to keep her head down and when it's all over peace will reign, Arat seems hopeful as she gets back into the car and drives off, but not before giving them the small amount of food she and Jared had for their trip, Carol looks at Morgan saying, "We could have killed them both, saved all of us the trouble." Morgan just responds with "But we didn't, we don't ever have to, not all of them are bad, we just need to give the good ones their chance to shine."Carol just gives him a confused look and says "How the hell do you manage keep so peaceful through a lot of this?", Morgan smiles and says "You just gotta keep hoping for a better future, Jesus has been helping me with getting back into the peace mindset, I highly suggest a lesson from the pro at this." Carol smiles and they walk back to the Kingdom group.