The Dinner That Started It All

Chapter 3

Niall's P.O.V.

" I guess I'm staying then!" I yelled a little to excitedly.

"Yay!" Her mom delightedly shouted.

"So, if you don't mind me asking, what are we eating?" I asked.

" one of Lyla's favorite dishes, Meat and Potatos." She answered

"POTATOS!!!!!!" I yelled really loudly! They all stared.

"Sorry, I'm Irish if you didn't know." I responded.

" I've always wanted to go to Ireland!" Lyla snapped.

" maybe one day I can take you." I replied

We then went into the dining room and sat down as her mom brought the food.

"Mmmm, it's smells delicious mom." Lyla said while breathing in the aroma of the food.

" I agree!" I added.

"You kids are way to sweet." Her mom blushed.

"It better taste good to." Her dad said while walking thought the door.

"Oh shut up you." Her mom playfully slapped him.

" I was just kidding. Oh. Hey Niall I didn't see you there. How've your parents been?" He asked.

"Uh.Great." I replied.

" enough chitchat! Lets eat." Her mom shouted while clapping her hands.

*BUUURRRPPP*

"Excuse me." Her dad said.

"Honey! We have a guest over." Her mom said with sorry eyes as she quickly glanced at me.

"Can't a man be a man in front of a younger man?" He jokingly said.

"Ugh dad you're so embarrassing!" Lyla exclaimed. I feel like they're ignoring me. *cough*

"So Niall. How's it like being in University? Did You know that My wife and I went to university with your parents?" He asked me.

"It's great, even though its only half of the first semester. Yes they told me that their old university buddie's daughter needed help with Spanish." I told him.

"I don't get it Spanish Is one of the easiest subjects ever my wife and I passed with an A you know?" He asked.

"I don't really think he cares, no one cares dad, no one not even me!" Lyla shouted.

"That is very rude Lyla you should not be speaking like that!" He shouted.

"I Should be head--"

"No Niall you stay, it was only Lyla she was being very rude." He said.

" I was only speaking the truth!" Lyla said.

" Stop giving me attitude okay? I'm tired of your attitude it's annoying!" He shouted back.

" Well I'm so sorry I'm a freaking teenage girl that goes to freaking high school and has freaking problems all day long! I'm sorry that you freaking had me okay!" Lyla shouted back.

" I really think I should go". I said as I quickly grabbed all my belongings and ran out the door.

"That was so awkward." I thought to myself.

Lyla's P.O.V.

I quickly Stormed to my room. I jumped on top of my bed and started laughing.

" I can't believe I actually did that!" I say giggling.

Niall's P.O.V.

"Now that was intense." I say to myself as I was walking to my car. I quickly unlocked it and got in. It was freezing outside. It was getting kind of boring ,so I decided to turn on the radio and when I heard Who was singing, I turned the volume up louder. It was The Script. They were singing The Man Who Can't Be Moved. I started to sing along.

"Gonna camp in my sleeping bag, I'm not gonna move

Got some words on cardboard, got your picture in my hand

Saying if you see this girl can you tell her where I am

Some try to hand me money, they don't understand

I'm not broke I'm just a broken hearted man

I know it makes no sense, but what else can I do

How can I move on when I've been in love with you..."

I finally pulled up into my apartment. I fumbled with my keys, but finally entered my house. It was so warm in here, I'm glad to be home. I reached into my pocket and took out The piece of paper with her phone number on it. I took out my phone and put her number in. I saved her contact as 'her<3'.