A Quarter.

Spencer Reid

Spencer Reid

--- A QUARTER---

Spencer

2 months, 3 weeks and 5 days.

That was how long I have known Abigail Bethear. It took me half that time to develop a crush on her too, not a real crush. More of a heavy attraction to her and to be quite frank I was starting to believe I had a type. Physically I was attracted to blondes with blue eyes, which statistically speaking was not abnormal for my demographic however personality-wise I was all over the place. It was very difficult to pinpoint why I was so fixated on Abigail. She was very blunt and brutely honest, she was intimidating and had a tendency to ignore people she didn't find interesting. However, it may have been that she had taken a liking to me.

I had taken Abigail's offer to eat lunch in her office if Morgan aggravated me, which happened more often than not. She had let me sit in there and we entered a lengthy discussion of electrical energy. It was very abrupt but I enjoyed it not less. When we were on the job Abigail would always tease me when I answered my phone. I didn't particularly mind because she never took it as far as Morgan did. On days we were in Virginia, I would eat with her or read in her office. She had left the foldable chair for me to use in her office.

We were friends as far as I was concerned but there was always something else. One night when I had agreed to go for drinks Abigail was participating in a game of Tell the Truth, a game I found rather stupid. You had to answer a question honestly or take a shot. Garcia had asked her 'If you had to do it with anyone on the team who would it be?'.

I remember watching her look over the team then flash a smirk that made her eyes sparkle when she was amused. "Emily or Dr.Reid."

There was a holler but Morgan leaned forward shaking his head. "Oh no. You get to pick one."

"Just one?" Abigail had whined jokingly, she shook her head. "Morgan you cockblock."

There was another laugh around the table but I was still trying to process her words through my mind.

"If I had to pick just one it would be...Dr. Reid."

I had been so thankful for the dark lighting because my face was on fire. It was no secret Abigail was attractive, she had been getting hit on all night. Men much more attractive then I had offered to buy her drinks, some she accepted others she let down firmly. When she had parted from the group with a blonde man that Garcia had gushed over I could only watch.

The girls had barraged her about her conquest the next Monday and it was like the comment she had made about me never happened. I don't know what I was expecting, Abigail was gorgeous and knew how to work a room, I could barely talk to a girl without getting flustered.