Chapter 9- Feelings? Nahhh

Kurtis' POV-

I skin the deer and let the blood soak my forearms, and my now bare feet.  I mean I don't want to get my shoes covered in blood.  Little Leo sits next to occasionally pulling some skin off the deer to help.  He was such a cutie.  But so was his brother-. I mean.  Shit.  I look over at Liam for a second seeing him carving cups.  His eyes are staring harshly at the wood so he wouldn't carve too thin.  His cheeks were puffed out with barely visible freckles that I had never noticed before. 
His brows furrowed in concentration.  He was so damn- "Mister Kurt.  Why are you looking at bubby?" Leon suddenly whispered in my ear. 
My face flushes red, "I wasn't looking at your brother Leo!" I whisper-yell back to the child.
HIs face turns to confusion at the word brother, but he just shrugs letting my answer settle the debate. 

As I finish skinning, I notice that Liam has three cups and a bucket that is boiling water over the fire.  The sun had started to set, and of course, Little Lion was covered in blood. 
I laugh at the blood that resembled red paint all over Leon catching the attention of Liam.  "Leon what did I say?" Liam groans at the little boy who just giggled. 
I stand up, picking up Leon with me.  "While the water boils we might as well go down to the river and all take a fast rinse." I ruffle Leon's hair.
Liam smiles nodding.  "Okay!"  With that we make our way to the river.

Once we get there Leon was pulling off his clothes stumbing.  Liam bent down helping him.  I laughed at the two as I stripped myself.  I stayed in my underwear , since I was in the presence of a child, however Leon went commando. 
Leon jumped into the water while I walked in catching up to the toddler.  Liam hoever, stayed on shore with a sad look on his face.  I look over at Liam, "Hey, c'mon.  You needa clean too."  He just nods, taking off his pants, keeping his underwear on.  He however doesn't remove his shirt which makes me frown in worrisome.  Why will he not take off his shirt? Is something wrong?  He walks to the water towards us .  The water reached to his belly button, and Leon was doggy paddling. 
I scrubbed the blood from my body, trying to get as clean as possible.  Leon was being scrubbed down by Liam.  He squirms and laughs at the tickling his brother would give him every once and awhile.
As I finished cleaning myself I walked behind the two of them, and grabbed Liam's waist picking him up as his baby brother landed in the water with a splash. Liam gasps, "Kurt! NOOOO ,put me down your hands tickle!" Liams words make me smile bright. I hold him against my chest tickling him more, while Leon swims around. "I don't wanna Bunny."  His laughs fill the hair as he tries to pull away from me.  He wiggles around until I am only holding the top of his shirt.  He continues to laugh and wiggle around until he wiggles out of his big shirt.  He drops into the water swimming to his brother.  I stand there laughing in delight, having fun for the first time in a long time.  Liam stands next to his brother, but something catches me off guard that makes me stop laughing.  A tight bandage is wrapped around Liam's chest.  There were slight red aligns a little bit down from his collar bone that was raw skin. 
Liam's giggles stop as he sees me staring.  "What's wrong?"  His voice is full of concern as Leon grabs his big brother's hand. 
I walk closer to him and lay my palm on the bandages, only for him to pull away fast.  His eyes fill with terror.  He pulls his hand from his brothers wrapping his arms around himself.  "Why are you wearing that?" Concern wavers in my voice as I try to grab his hand to comfort the terrified boy. 
Before he could respond Leon starts speaking. "Bubby wears it so she doesn't feel sad."  I look at Leon confused. She? What does that little boy mean
Liam grits his teeth holding himself tight.  "He, Leon.  He."  Tears are swarming in Bunnies eyes.  Leon has the look of guilt on his face whispering a small I'm sorry bubba. 
"Hey, I don't know what's going on, but Liam don't cry, Bunny." I grab his hand from his waist and hold his hand tight.  "It's okay.  You don't have to tell me.  It just seems to be hurting you."  I gesture to the raw skin that peakes from the bandages. 
Liam sniffles, nodding, taking his hands away and wiping his eyes.  "Let's go eat.  We need to get ready.  Tomorrow I want to leave.  We need to go find shelter soon."  Liam takes his hand back with haist.  I frown as I watch him.
I want him to talk to me.  I want to know all his secrets.  I want to comfort him, make him feel better.  Seeing him like this makes me heart burn.  It burns.