Chapter 8- Found Out?

Liam's POV-

I carved a sharp point into the long stick.  Making sure it was clean, but still sharp enough to pierce a hole in an animal.  I smile at my work, and watch my brother play.  Kurt was just finishing making a fire, so I decide to walk over to him. 
"We can hunt for some meat.  I didn't think you brought anything to kill so I made this," I show him my spear, "Do you have a knife?"
"Yep." He pulls out a decent sized pocket knife.  We could use it to skin the animals.
"Leon!  You stay by the fire and our things.  Kurt and I are going get some food.  You need to stay, okay?  It's very very important that you stay here."  My little brother nods and plops his butt on the ground.  For a two year old he definitely listens well.
I grab Kurt's hand and start leading the way.  Past some trees, adn passed the river. 
Then we wait.  We sit behind some rocks before some deer stracks, hoping another deer will pass by.
"Liam?"  Kurt's voice is in a very hushed whisper.  I nod, sitting on my heels.
"What did Leon mean when he asked, brother?" Kurt's question surprised me.  I didn't expect him to notice or even care.
I bite my lip, but don't take my eyes from the forest.  "I'm a boy Kurtis.   My body just didn't get the memo."  I whisper back as a deer pulls itself from the trees, not even noticing us or our whispers.  I take my arm back, then hearl it at the buck.  It pierces through its neck and falls to the ground with a thunk. "Gotcha!"  I smile bright not even noticing Kurt's confused look. 
I run to the deer and heave it over my shoulder using all my strength I could muster from my frail and sadly female body.  "Dinner for two days man."   I start making my way back, and of course Kurt follows. 
"Good job Bunny!"  He smiles.  "You need to explain more on the question I asked though."
I sigh as I see he is being persistent.  "I'm his brother Kurtis.  That's all that you need to be concerned with..."  I much rather keep it a secret from him, although it hurts my heart.  I don't like lying.  I never have, but this was something that people couldn't know about me.
Kurt lets out a low groan as we make our way to camp. 

The fire is still going bright, and I see Leon laying on the grass messing with some bugs.  I drop the deer off my shoulder then take the spear out if it's limp body.   I turn to Kurt, he has a small look of hurt on his face which makes my stomach clench in guilt.  "Kurt? Can you skin the deer for us please?" I give him a small smile trying to give him a hint that it was okay.  He jumps to it automatically with a small smile as he nods.  His actions remind me of Leon who has gotten up from playing with bugs to see what Kurtis was up too.
"BUBBY.  MISTER BUBB'S FRIEND IS PULLING THE SKIN OFF THE DEER!"  I wince at his yelling. "I HELP I HE-"  I take my inger pushing it to my lips, and he automatically stops.
"Inside voice Leon.  You can sit and watch Kurt, and if he wants help you can help.  Just don't get too bloody."  I smile at him before grabbing a big stick to start carving a few cups to boil some water in.